Gibson Brands Forums

Funny Brits - bait for TWilson

nodehopper

We need TWilson to comment on this!!

Sun Article

A Bristol family have got a haunted SOFA.

"One Sunday morning I sat down on it with a cup of tea and suddenly heard this odd squeaky noise," said receptionist Christine STRANGE (stop tittering at the back), 52. "I thought I must be going mad but Poppy, my Yorkshire terrier, heard it too.

"She started sniffing around but then got scared and ran away.

"It could be an alien for all we know. The noise is getting louder and louder. I'm scared it's going to come bursting out one evening while we're watching TV."

Science has so far been unable to furnish an explanation to satisfy the Stranges but Christine's husband Nigel, 54, a service engineer, has vowed not to sit on the sofa alone until the apparent haunting has been investigated.

In these credit crunch times, the couple should be happy the suite is just being possessed, not repossessed.

Experts say Britain is suffering a bad dose of supernatural apparitions.

Nick Pope, a former X Files expert for the MoD, said: "This is proving to be a really strange year. There are more UFO sightings and more reports of other weird phenomena than I can recall from any previous year."

So are there ghoulies lurking on the Stranges' settee? Have little green men colonised the cushions?

The truth is out there . . . well, it's probably just slipped down the back along with 47p in loose change, two elastic bands and a broken biro.

SNF2422FX1-682_659077a.jpg

Come on OWF ..... there is a gem of a joke line just waiting for TWilson ......

"One Sunday morning I sat down on it with a cup of tea and suddenly heard this odd squeaky noise,"

"I thought I must be going mad but Poppy, my Yorkshire terrier, heard it too. She started sniffing around but then got scared and ran away."

Talk about playing straight man for TWilson......there is no way he can resist a set up like that!!

We need TWilson to comment on this!!

Sun Article

A Bristol family have got a haunted SOFA.

"One Sunday morning I sat down on it with a cup of tea and suddenly heard this odd squeaky noise' date='" said receptionist Christine STRANGE (stop tittering at the back), 52. "I thought I must be going mad but Poppy, my Yorkshire terrier, heard it too.

"She started sniffing around but then got scared and ran away.

"It could be an alien for all we know. The noise is getting louder and louder. I'm scared it's going to come bursting out one evening while we're watching TV."

Science has so far been unable to furnish an explanation to satisfy the Stranges but Christine's husband Nigel, 54, a service engineer, has vowed not to sit on the sofa alone until the apparent haunting has been investigated.

In these credit crunch times, the couple should be happy the suite is just being possessed, not repossessed.

Experts say Britain is suffering a bad dose of supernatural apparitions.

Nick Pope, a former X Files expert for the MoD, said: "This is proving to be a really strange year. There are more UFO sightings and more reports of other weird phenomena than I can recall from any previous year."

So are there ghoulies lurking on the Stranges' settee? Have little green men colonised the cushions?

The truth is out there . . . well, it's probably just slipped down the back along with 47p in loose change, two elastic bands and a broken biro.

[img']http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00659/SNF2422FX1-682_659077a.jpg[/img]

Sorry, not TWilson, but I have to say it, I would say it about anyone from any country, who could actually believe their sofa is haunted.

WHAT A CROCK OF ****

Come on OWF ..... there is a gem of a joke line just waiting for TWilson ......

"One Sunday morning I sat down on it with a cup of tea and suddenly heard this odd squeaky noise' date='"

"I thought I must be going mad but Poppy, my Yorkshire terrier, heard it too. She started sniffing around but then got scared and ran away."

Talk about playing straight man for TWilson......there is no way he can resist a set up like that!!

[/quote']

Hell, I guess they don't know about springs...

Sorry' date=' not TWilson, but I have to say it, I would say it about anyone from any country, who could actually believe their sofa is haunted.

WHAT A CROCK OF ****

[/quote']

Agreed. The whole paper is also a crock.............IMHO. Although page 3 normally has one or two matters of interest.

As for haunted sofas, you should be sitting on your guitar stool, not watching telly!

Archived