Gibson Brands Forums

Gershwin - Wilson

grampa

I just read an article in the SF Chronicle about how the Gershwin estate has commisioned Brian Wilson to finish some songs by Gershwin that he didn't have the chance to before he died. This sounds wonderful. Wilson has a pop song genius that should work well with Gershwin.

So Brian's mental state is OK these days ? I know that so called Doctor messed him up.

Dr Landi?

If that is who you mean I am confused by the varying information on him as in his autobiography Wouldn't It Be Nice Brian describes Landi as the unconventional Doctor who lifts him out of his slumber, helping him to get in shape and also becoming a friend too.

Since then I have heard opposite things from Brian!

Matt

So Brian's mental state is OK these days ? I know that so called Doctor messed him up.

It was drugs that messed Brian up. That and his overbearing old man who was a failed singer songwriter that never forgave Brian for being more talented and successful the he was. Landy was just another lowlife attempting to choke one more golden egg from the goose by keeping Brian drugged and isolated and then becoming his producer and co songwriter.

Not a bad gig getting paid to be his doctor, his boss and his partner. It's his professionalism that I respect. Not!!

Archived