Gibson Brands Forums

Here's me playing Pipeline on my new "1964 Custom Shop J-45"

QuestionMark

Hey y'all-

Here's a YouTube audio/video of me playing the Chantay's Pipeline on my new acoustic '1964 Reissue' CS J-45. The photo of the cherry sunburst J-45 in the video is it. The other photo of me playing a natural guitar is my 1972 Southern Jumbo. Y'all are always a great audience of guitar enthusiasts...so I hope you enjoy the music (and the Gibson playing it.)

Click here for "Jazzman" Jeff Performing Pipeline:

QM (aka: "Jazzman" Jeff)

Excellent acoustic arrangement! I love the fills and extras you put into it. I love playing this on the acoustic it is such a cool song.

Here is a video of The Ventures themselves playing "Pipeline". Great "surf" sound.

I recorded my version of it (using my Strat... not brave enough to do it acoustic solo):

Pipeline

Excellent acoustic arrangement! I love the fills and extras you put into it. I love playing this on the acoustic it is such a cool song.

Here is a video of The Ventures themselves playing "Pipeline". Great "surf" sound.

I recorded my version of it (using my Strat... not brave enough to do it acoustic solo):

Pipeline

Doug-Thanks for the positive feedback and for including the link to your Strat version (which I really enjoyed...great job) as well as the Ventures' video. Not sure how I missed this particular Ventures video...the three videos I viewed when I was focusing on picking up nuances of the song when I was comin' up with my arrangement were the Chantays' appearance on Lawrence Welk (of all places), the **** Dale/Stevie Ray Vaughan duet version, and a much later version of the Ventures doing the song (when the config is much older.)

Again, thanks for the feedback and the links. Really enjoyed your version.

QM/Jazzman Jeff

Doug-Thanks for the positive feedback and for including the link to your Strat version (which I really enjoyed...great job) as well as the Ventures' video. Not sure how I missed this particular Ventures video...the three videos I viewed when I was focusing on picking up nuances of the song when I was comin' up with my arrangement were the Chantays' appearance on Lawrence Welk (of all places)' date=' the **** Dale/Stevie Ray Vaughan duet version, and a much later version of the Ventures doing the song (when the config is much older.)

Again, thanks for the feedback and the links. Really enjoyed your version.

QM/Jazzman Jeff [/quote']

OMG SRV and **** Dale? I gotta see this! ~running to YouTube search~

I just watched the video... how effin' kewl is that? I don't know what is kewler, **** Dale's hair or SRV's Hendrix Strat! Thanks for that Jeff!

OMG SRV and **** Dale? I gotta see this! ~running to YouTube search~

I just watched the video... how effin' kewl is that? I don't know what is kewler' date=' **** Dale's hair or SRV's Hendrix Strat! Thanks for that Jeff!

[/quote']

The video is wayyyyyyyyyy cool. Very interesting to study what each is playing. SRV does some really cool melody deviation...which upon seeing/hearing it. gave me some inspiration to go ahead and add my own licks to the song.

**** Dale's playing (and his hair, too I guess) were way cool, too. I had no idea until recently this duet existed although I've since learned the duet's version of the song was nominated for a grammy back in the late 80's.

Glad I could steer you to it. Its worth a few listenings to...to pick up the subtlities and interaction between the two in it for sure.

QM/Jazzman Jeff

Archived