Gibson Brands Forums

Budgie.......

Laney1566

I am posting this video because it seems that it's the only decent one youtube has to offer.

I love the entire "Bandolier" Album...Killer songs and not much popularity in the States.

Tony Bourge the guitarist in the video is my favorite of their lineups.

He played SG's and they rocked. Check out Bandolier..Killer album. I had to order my copy through Amazon.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54H3EUAzpVg[/YOUTUBE]

Here in St. Louis we had the second FM Rock station in the country, went on the air in 1967, KSHE, second only to a station in LA. Along the line they picked up on the Budgie song that has the line "time is a wastin', time and time again"... That song is still played on their "classics" show, and regularly on their "classic rock" sister station.

My wife and I have a running joke, whenever we hear a song on the classic rock station that we can't identify, we always say it must be Budgie. I played her this YouTube and asked her to guess who it was. As is our usual response she replied Budgie.

This time she was right.

Here in St. Louis we had the second FM Rock station in the country' date=' went on the air in 1967, KSHE, second only to a station in LA. Along the line they picked up on the Budgie song that has the line "time is a wastin', time and time again"... That song is still played on their "classics" show, and regularly on their "classic rock" sister station.

My wife and I have a running joke, whenever we hear a song on the classic rock station that we can't identify, we always say it must be Budgie. I played her this YouTube and asked her to guess who it was. As is our usual response she replied Budgie.

This time she was right.

[/quote']

Funny Story.

The wife and I watch Jeopardy nightly and whenever there is a Shakespear question, I yell out Othello....Makes the wife laugh and I am right every once in a while:-"

I own Bandolier' date=' and If I Were Brittania. They came up with some killer riffs, but I think some of the songs drug on a little too much, but I still think they rocked.[/quote']

I think Napolean Bona Part1 takes a while to get to Part2, and Part2 last a little long, but they are great riffs for a guitar player to learn.

My 3 Favs are I ain't no Mountain and I can't see my feeling and Breaking the House Rules.

My SG's love to play along.....Have to detune first though.

Thanks for putting up the vid Laney1566. It's killer. My first exposure to Budgie was 2nd hand, due to Metallica covering 'Breadfan' as a b-side to 'Eye Of The Beholder'. -I was hooked. I'm definitely going to look for "Bandoiler". Cheers.

Archived