Gibson Brands Forums

would you put schaller/ jim dunlop strap locks on your LP VOS???

wonderman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a prowdly user of schaller strap lock!!!

shhhh.. don´t tell this to my gibson, but it came as a fender product! ahaha

(i don´t know if this is only in my country, or in europe, or so, but fender strap lock´s are schaller ones (in the piece itself, you can read schaller, and in no place at all you have any kind of reference to fender)

so, what i´ve done: i simply took off the original screw, and put two "little black sponge discs" with the strap button, AND the new screw... it´s a little bigger, and a little (veeeeeeeeeeery little) thinner than the original one, but when i´ve started to tighten the screw, i felt it was forcing like the original one; so... the new screw is all way down. I feel the button is really tightened!

mission accomplished!

don´t tell this to my gibson' date=' but it came as a fender product![/quote']

My 1993 Strat came with them.

I went to the shop to get a set of Schallers and the guy who sold me the guitar asked what I was gonna put 'em on.

The Strat he sold me, I told him.

He said nothing as I handed him the cash.

I got home, took off one of the "Fender" pins and set it on the couch beside me.

Opened the Schaller package and dumped them on the couch too.......

DOH!!!

Later I asked him why he didn't say anything.

"I thought everybody knew that!" was his reply.

He assumed I was buying them to get the Schaller locks for my strap, which I had to do anyway.....

This is just my personal opinion, but I've never found the need for straplocks. I've owned 3 LPs now and I've never had one fall off the strap. Granted I don't do a lot of jumping around and acting crazy. And I'm a bit of a fat boy so maybe my gut pushing the guitar out helps keep tension on the strap [-o<

I support the idea for straplocks, but personally haven't had to use them. Just my opinion...

Plus a lot of people on here swear by them so you should definitely take that into account. If I were you, I'd buy a set and see how easy they are to install and how much (if any) they'll alter your guitar. If your uncomfortable with making those changes, then just return them.

Archived