Gibson Brands Forums

Weber Speakers

Bluemoon

I ordered a Weber 12F150 for an extension cab I am building for my Blues Junior. Four weeks later, still haven't received it. I am not complaining though. Those guys do a great job and I am sure things go delayed with the passing of Ted. I also asked them to break it for me...so that may have delayed it by a few days too.

I just hope it is worth the wait. Has anyone ever tried one of these speakers?

I have the 12F150 in my Blues Junior; it's a nice sounding speaker for clean and moderately overdriven tones but a little stiff sounding for venturing into hard rock/heavy metal territory with a Blues Junior. I like it a lot in that amp.

I have the 12F150 in my Blues Junior; it's a nice sounding speaker for clean and moderately overdriven tones but a little stiff sounding for venturing into hard rock/heavy metal territory with a Blues Junior. I like it a lot in that amp.

Nice. My days of playing hard rock/heavy metal are long gone! :-&

It says int he Status check area that Speaker take 3 to 4 weeks http://www.tedweber.com/status/index.htm

Also there is this message as well:

With the increased volume or orders from our summer sale, and the tragic passing of Mr. Ted Weber, we have become very backed up. We apologize for the delays in the build time of your speaker. If your speaker order is less than three weeks old, it is still in the build queue, and we will complete it as quickly as we can. We have hired extra help and are working overtime to try to catch back up. We thank you for your patience as we are completing your order.

Even when not backed up' date=' it usually takes them three weeks or more to make up a speaker order.

I've never had anything but great service and communication from that company, and like everyone else, was so sorry to hear of Ted's passing.[/quote']

They are good guys. I hope that they survive the death of Ted.

Yeah, I am not annoyed at them. They told me it would take this long...the GAS is in full swing, though.

When I ordered stuff from them I had no problems nor have I ever heard of a bad report from them - products or service.

I ordered the amp chassis kit and a couple of other parts for my first amp build from Weber - good quality stuff.

They are good guys. I hope that they survive the death of Ted.

Yeah' date=' I am not annoyed at them. They told me it would take this long...the GAS is in full swing, though.

[/quote']

Now, maybe I'm really out of it but... You can put an extension cab on a jr? How?

Maybe you can do this with any amp, I'm not too knowledgeable about amps.

Archived