Gibson Brands Forums

Bank of America Sends Dow Tumbling

Californiaman

I thought the Dow went up the last couple of days. Anyway, they should quit giving out those huge bonuses, (which they've done since TARP), that is not profit, but tax payers' money. (and if I offended any Bank of America executives well...f#%* you).

According to the news' date=' BofA's CEO will not receive a bonus. He has resigned.[/quote']

No golden parachute, but he will be getting $53 million in pension benefits for 8yrs of service. Where is the justice?!! How can they expect him to live on that paltry sum?

I managed to get my Mom, a few other relatives and several friends to close their BofA accounts a few years ago.

This was concerning their efforts to make loans and extend credit to illegal residents of the U.S.

Why their assets weren't seized under the RICO statutes still astounds me.

They've only gotten worse despite all the media focus on their business model....

Anybody still think there's a company in the United States that is "too big to fail" as purported by some?

Remember where you heard that question from - ain't nobody a bigger proponent of capitalism than ME.

But illegal is illegal, and once the gubmint got involved with them they were suddenly beyond reproach.

(Think about how effective financial oversight by Uncle Sam was before - now they're in bed with 'em.)

A. The high finance companies say they have to award big bonuses to keep their talented employees from leaving. The flaw in this argument is.. Where they gonna go? These folks, if they are being honest with us with that argument, haven't a clue what's going on outside their glass offices. JOBS IS SCARCE!, especially in the finance industry. Do these people not know anything about negotiation? They and their employees are in no position to be negotiating for bonuses, let alone increases.

B. My mortgage has my signature on it. The loan officer has his signature on it. Why, oh why, now that WE own these toxic loans, do we not round up these lying, thieving son of a guns, hold their feet to the fire until they explain why it was they originated loans they knew would blow up when the interest rates and payments re-set? In some cases, incomes were over stated, home values overstated... THIS IS FRAUD people. How many have been prosecuted? Why not? Does a signature not mean anything anymore?

Here's something.

How do you think BofA is going to react when we tell their Merrill Lynch broker he's canned? They won't care. Unless you have 150K in your account, they don't give you the time of day. He's shaking in his boots at the prospect of losing nearly 900K in Municipal Bonds.

Archived