Gibson Brands Forums

Your guitar purchase history?

guitarman8

Bought my first when I was thirteen. Paid $35 for a Teisco SG copy and a small amp. Can't, for the life of me, remember what the amp was. Something from Sears and Roebuck, I'm sure.

Picked up a no name classical styled acoustic a year later. Action was high enough to do a high wire act.

Sold both and got an Alvarez Regent a few years later.

Gave it to my niece, and bought a Fender Montara (a great acoustic guitar if you can find one). Gave it to my best friend when I moved to AK, many years later....

A white Les Paul Studio a couple of years later.

Then a Gibson J-200....

Traded the Les Paul Studio and a chip Fender amp for my Gibson Firebird.

Picked up a Fender custom Telecaster HH a month or so ago.

Right now, I have the three, the J-200, the Firebird (currently in the Gibson Repair shop), and the Tele...

Jonesing for several guitars including a R0, a Gretsch 6196T, a L5 archtop acoustic and a Gibby hollowbody electric like a LeGrande, L5 CES, a National Tricone, etc...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You first big man!

I knew you couldn't do it. :-

I like EMGs. I like Fender Lace Sensors. I like whatever pickups came in my 2001 American Standard strat. I bought it used so I don't know if they are stock but I have no plans to change them. I'd like to switch out the stock pickups in my Jackson Kelly but mot a priority. I will switch out the pickups from my Explorer. Any thoughts?

I'm really not trying to start a fight with you or call you out, but seriously I have no idea what pick ups you actually do like. We all know you hate EMGs.+:-@ Next topic.

1. Fender Squier Strat pack. Those are like $200 and come with an amp and book and stuff.

2. JS30RR Jackson Randy Rhoads. It was $300 and I saved up that from mowing lawns and doing a paper route.

3. Mitchell acoustic. I got it for my birthday and don't know how much it was.

Next I want one of these: http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIES175 (thanks dem00n for introducing me to this)

Also, a Buckethead signature, Nylon String, Baritone, 7 string, 12 string.

Yes, I don't have many guitars but I have a long wishlist and I also need to get a bass.

I knew you couldn't do it. :D

I like EMGs. I like Fender Lace Sensors. I like whatever pickups came in my 2001 American Standard strat. I bought it used so I don't know if they are stock but I have no plans to change them. I'd like to switch out the stock pickups in my Jackson Kelly but mot a priority. I will switch out the pickups from my Explorer. Any thoughts?

I'm really not trying to start a fight with you or call you out' date=' but seriously I have no idea what pick ups you actually do like. We all know you hate EMGs.=D> Next topic.[/quote']

Dimarzos, duncans, rockfeilds...do i have to go more intill detail?

One my fav pickups is the X2N

Dimarzos' date=' duncans, rockfeilds...do i have to go more intill detail?

One my fav pickups is the X2N[/quote']

:-&

Finally! Who makes the X2N? I'm pretty sure you and I have similar taste in music so I really do want to know what pick ups you like.

I forgot I like Dimarzos too. My MIJ Ibanez came w/ 'em and they are great. I have seriously looked into SDs in my Jackson. Like the usual Jazz/JB combo.

I have never heard of rockfeilds.

Wow I forgot to mention my BC Rich guitars, how could I forget.

1. BC Rich *****, the real deal made by Bernie Rico clear finish.

2. A very old Eagle also clear.

3. I guess I did forget, a Bernie Rico one in blue with the wierd horn, forget what they called it. This one and the ***** had all the switches and the battery juiced pickups. Joe Perry Arrowsmith used the one with the horn allot.

4. Last a Bernie Rico Brazilian Rosewood dreadnaught, very sweet.

#-o

Finally! Who makes the X2N? I'm pretty sure you and I have similar taste in music so I really do want to know what pick ups you like.

I forgot I like Dimarzos too. My MIJ Ibanez came w/ 'em and they are great. I have seriously looked into SDs in my Jackson. Like the usual Jazz/JB combo.

I have never heard of rockfeilds.

Dimarzo makes the X2N...i love it.

Wow I forgot to mention my BC Rich guitars' date=' how could I forget.

1. BC Rich *****, the real deal made by Bernie Rico clear finish.

2. A very old Eagle also clear.

3. I guess I did forget, a Bernie Rico one in blue with the wierd horn, forget what they called it. This one and the ***** had all the switches and the battery juiced pickups. Joe Perry Arrowsmith used the one with the horn allot.

4. Last a Bernie Rico Brazilian Rosewood dreadnaught, very sweet.[/quote']

Old b.c. rich's? Dude post pics!

starting from when i was 10

Satelite LP copy

Yamaha 112

ibanez js100

ibanez s470

ibanez js100

ibanez jem 555

ibanez js1000

epiphone LP std still have

peavey hp special

ibanez rg570 still have

ibanez rg1570 still have

Gibson LP DC bought yesterday

Without a shadow of a doubt my next 2 guitars will be an Ibanez jem7vwh and a Gibson LP Classic, i have serious GAS at the moment.

Archived