Gibson Brands Forums

Talk about luck.

Silverbursted

I found out the other day that I have to go back to Philadelphia to do some CH-47F testing beginning in January, but I have to get current in the aircraft again. So I will be going back there on the 2nd of November. So you ask, whats so lucky about going to Philly in November? Well, as I start to make my travel arraignments, I find that the hotels that I normally stay at are fully booked, probably because of the Phillies winning the NLCS. Again you ask, whats so lucky about that? So as I broaden my search of a place to stay, I come across this little 300 year old B&B that is only about 14 miles away from my workplace. OK thats cool, but really who cares. As I'm searching their page, they very subtly mention "recording studio" under one of their photos. Huh!!! So I call up to inquire about availability, and happen to ask about the studio. The innkeeper says, oh yea we are primarily a recording studio with a B&B as an OBTW. There are usually 4 or 5 musicians laying down tracks every week. Ah very cool, so I guess it would be ok to bring a guitar? Oh hell yes, was the response, as a guest you have full run of the studio if it is not being used, and the owner is the sound engineer. This is getting better and better. Then they say because I will be staying for so long, they are going to put me in the cottage, a 2000 square ft stand alone house surrounded by gardens. So nobody has to feel too sorry for me having to go to Philly in November.

And for some icing on the cake, the Philly Guitar Show is on the weekend of 7 and 8 November, just up the road in King of Prussia, Pa. So if you live in the area and want to check out a monster of a guitar show, come on out. The link gives the details of the show.

That sounds like a good deal there. What is the difference from the D to the F model Chinook ? I have been in a few as we would fly

from Ft Carson out to NTC in California. I swear the thing was flying cocked at an angle / for some reason.

Don't know if you already know or if you'd be interested but...

About 1 1/2 hours, by car- probably 15 or 20 mins via chinook, north of KofP Pa is Martin guitar company's hq. (in Nazareth, Pa).

They have a pretty good schedule of tours. My son and I have been trying to get over there to take a tour of the factory for a while, just hasn't worked out.

Rumor has it that if you wear a Gibson Forum T-shirt they give out free samples of their products...

That sounds like a good deal there. What is the difference from the D to the F model Chinook ? I have been in a few as we would fly

from Ft Carson out to NTC in California. I swear the thing was flying cocked at an angle / for some reason.

The F model replaced the D a couple of years ago. Biggest difference is this is a glass cockpit, meaning the traditional engine and flight instruments that you may have seen in older aircraft are now a completely integrated; cockpit, engines, flight displays, radios, navigation equipment are now all controlled and displayed on a couple of displays. I'll probably be doing some G model work also, which is an even more modernized version of the Special Operations E Model. This one has huge extended range tanks and an aerial refueling boom. Very cool helicopter.

Don't know if you already know or if you'd be interested but...

About 1 1/2 hours' date=' by car- probably 15 or 20 mins via chinook, north of KofP Pa is Martin guitar company's hq. (in Nazareth, Pa).

They have a pretty good schedule of tours. My son and I have been trying to get over there to take a tour of the factory for a while, just hasn't worked out.

Rumor has it that if you wear a Gibson Forum T-shirt they give out free samples of their products...[/quote']

I did not know that. Thanks, that sounds like a good road trip on one of the weekends. I will definitely look that up.

I found out the other day that I have to go back to Philadelphia to do some CH-47F testing beginning in January' date=' but I have to get current in the aircraft again. So I will be going back there on the 2nd of November. So you ask, whats so lucky about going to Philly in November? Well, as I start to make my travel arraignments, I find that the hotels that I normally stay at are fully booked, probably because of the Phillies winning the NLCS. Again you ask, whats so lucky about that? So as I broaden my search of a place to stay, I come across this little 300 year old B&B that is only about 14 miles away from my workplace. OK thats cool, but really who cares. As I'm searching their page, they very subtly mention "recording studio" under one of their photos. Huh!!! So I call up to inquire about availability, and happen to ask about the studio. The innkeeper says, oh yea we are primarily a recording studio with a B&B as an OBTW. There are usually 4 or 5 musicians laying down tracks every week. Ah very cool, so I guess it would be ok to bring a guitar? Oh hell yes, was the response, as a guest you have full run of the studio if it is not being used, and the owner is the sound engineer. This is getting better and better. Then they say because I will be staying for so long, they are going to put me in the cottage, a 2000 square ft stand alone house surrounded by gardens. So nobody has to feel too sorry for me having to go to Philly in November.

And for some icing on the cake, the Philly Guitar Show is on the weekend of 7 and 8 November, just up the road in King of Prussia, Pa. So if you live in the area and want to check out a monster of a guitar show, come on out. The link gives the details of the show.

whats the name of this b&b??

Archived