Gibson Brands Forums

Got my SG Robot... good deal?

starfoxhound

Hey. I just received a few days ago my 2008 Gibson SG Robot.

I got this on eBay for $850, it's a silverburst finish, original stock PU's, everything working fine, no dents or scratches, except for the buckle rash which I think every guitar has.

It came with no truss wrench nor case.

I leave you some pics and let me know if $850 is OK for this guitar:

dsc04041.th.jpg

dsc04037x.th.jpg

dsc03973e.th.jpg

dsc04042g.th.jpg

dsc04045u.th.jpg

dsc04046c.th.jpg

aaajj.th.jpg

dsc04047pe.th.jpg

Looks good

Definitely' date=' even without the case. You got a roller bridge, ebony fretboard, trapazoid markers, headstock inlay, neck, headstock binding, metallic paint, and a robot. Nice snag.

[/quote']

Nice to hear that, I live in Mexico, and here you can find a Robot SG/Flying V/Les Paul (not 1st run)/Explorers for about $30,000 MXN pesos (about $2400 USD) so $855 for this Robot I felt was a real good deal, but anyway wanted to confirm was a good deal even to US residents.

By the way, it has 490R/498T PU's. Anyway to make them sound like PAF tone? Some height, polepieces height or something?

thanks!

The 490r in my Standard is literally my favorite sounding thing. I LOVE it.

The 498t, however, left a little to be desired...

I adjusted the height a little bit and it's much better. In fact, it sounds fantastic. I still toss around the idea of swapping out the 498 though.

Mess with the height a little. Also, don't forget to use the knobs. They can really give you some cool sounds.

I find myself reaching for the knobs constantly while playing. Tweaking the sound while I play.

By the way that's a great deal. Sweet guitar. Love the ebony fretboard and binding. Love the silverburst. Love the practicallity of the tuning.

I just bought the same guitar, brand new, still in the un-opened shipping box, from Long and McQuade in Canada for $999 Canadian. It is an amazing guitar, love it. I still want to swap out the carbon fibre pickguard for a regular one, but other than that it is pretty much perfect out of the box.

The neck binding and headstock binding are just icing on the cake.

I just bought the same guitar' date=' brand new, still in the un-opened shipping box, from Long and McQuade in Canada for $999 Canadian. It is an amazing guitar, love it. I still want to swap out the carbon fibre pickguard for a regular one, but other than that it is pretty much perfect out of the box.

The neck binding and headstock binding are just icing on the cake.

[/quote']

A god price isn't it? Brand new, box, case for $999 CAD, I think is good.

About the pickguard, I think it looks good, but maybe a normal one might be even better.

What I really want to change are the knobs, I prefer speed knobs, I have some black speeds around, I'll look for them.

Archived