Gibson Brands Forums

need help.

ps25814

hey guys i bought a gibson sg faded during august and i like it but last night i went and saw my first AC/DC concert ever in austin texas and im inspired to get a standard. what are they differences between the guitars, and is it worth selling my faded to buy one? and i found one for 850 and if anyone wants to sell me one i might do it depending on what people say if ur selling one email me at philywilly33@gmail.com

Im pretty sure the price difference us more than $200 but yes it's definately worth it.

Did you watch that YouTube video? The Standard sounded WAY better (although that guy sucked at guitar). It obviously looks way better. And IMO it feels better. I feel that the Standard is superior in every way.

By the way... let's not forget about the Classic. It's a fine high quality guitar. And it has p90s! P90s are amazing!

i could actually get more i bet
for a used faded? what are you smoking? they currently sell for $700 NEW on Musicians friend. $600 if you are lucky, $500 or less is more realistic.

A NEW standard is still $1200, or $1300 for the white with coil taps. You might be able to score a used one for $800, but you'll have to search.

Archived