Gibson Brands Forums

Comparisons?

Californiaman

I thought the total cost of the Iraq war is $3 trillion. Also, it blows my mind that the people that brought our economy to its knees and took our money can resist any regulation at this point. If your child recklessly got wasted and crashed the family car wouldn't you bring a whole new world of rules down on them?

Where did they get the $416 billion figure on NASA? In truth NASA's current budget is about 17.6 billion a year' date=' which accounts for 0.7 PERCENT of the federal budget. With all things considered NASA is pretty efficient... [/quote']

What are you? A rocket scientist or something? :-

Unfortunately due to....

mrgreedy.jpg

And his many friends and their freinds in govt... The bailout of the banks, at least, was probably necessary to avoid this scenario.....

79643181.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935121260197D6DE78CB591D91688C4670

Citi is still, allegedly, very close to demise. None of the other major banks are in significantly better shape...

If you remember the govt's comments when Indy Mac went down... "You can use your ATM cards, you must continue paying back your mortgages and car loans, and oh by the way you'll get your deposits/cds back REAL SOON"...

I immediately went to my local BofA branch and withdrew my $46 and stuck it in a coffee can...

Archived