Gibson Brands Forums

Real or Fake Gibson super 400???

Mark Lee

I was discussing with the Professor of Legal Studies at college today the legal issues with fake merchandise (specifically, guitars) Apparently this sort of tradename copying is not technically illegal; one only has to look at the number of Fender and gibson headstock decals avaliable on ebay to realise how accesable the required parts are.

I was discussing with the Professor of Legal Studies at college today the legal issues with fake merchandise (specifically' date=' guitars) Apparently this sort of tradename copying is not technically illegal; one only has to look at the number of Fender and gibson headstock decals avaliable on ebay to realise how accesable the required parts are.[/quote']

There's tons of stuff that is made in China that's illegal to sell in the US, including fake Gibson guitars. But you can buy all the fake and illegal stuff you want by dealing directly with a crooked Chinese vendor. Chinese vendors are notoriously sleazy.

If you want a real Gibson, you have to buy it from a real dealer.

I already have all the real gibsons I could want - a Les Paul Standard' date=' Super 400, J-200 and Advanced Jumbo. I am just looking for a gig worthy guitar that isnt worth so much![/quote']

Then go ahead and do the biz with your Chinese fugazi dealer.[confused]

Everyone's saying no,yet you come across like you're trying to sell everyone who is giving you good advice the opinion that Chinese crooks are ideal options for someone looking to invest money in. [blink]

I personally reported and shut down a seller on eBay today who had 3 bidders. I figure I did them and us a favour. From the sounds of it,I don't think you'd agree. No?[crying]

badbluesplayer - Epiphone dosnt have a current production guitar to compare with the Super 400.

And Lowdown, Kudos to you for doing the world a favour. I presume the seller you shut down was selling obviously fake crap like this:

http://product.madeinchina.com/Free-shipping-L-5-CES-Archtop-Jazz-Guitar-L5-CES-L-5-Sunburst-CES/10848739.shtml

At least the super 400 looks real.

Archived