Gibson Brands Forums

Get them Insured!

deepblue

Everything I own, including all of my musical equipment is insured....Its too bad that some of you guys

get your guitars stolen. I would feel sick if it ever happened to me.

At least if you have insurance itll take the sting out of the loss, and youll have peace of mind and not

worry if you go out.......may also cut back on the paranoia of meeting other guitarists who are decent people.

I got $23,000.00 direct replacement coverage for everything on my signature list at bottom of page plus a National Tricone and a Martin D25 acoustic.

This also includes my Yamaha Club PA system and a recording studio computer. Total price is $246.00 per year. It all has to be paid up front.

As far as I know, there are only two reputable equipment insurance companies in the country. Mine is through the American Federation of Musicians where you need to be a member to get it at my price.

I forget the name of the other one but if you go to ASCAP.com, it's listed there. It's a couple bucks more but still peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

Minimums for both companies is about $1500.00 and me thinks that's only $75 bucks a year.

Your stuff is covered in a car, studio, your home... anywhere you may go!

Homeowners won't cover instruments if you play professionally and also most home owners coverage has strict limits on instrument's mine is 5k total without a rider and extra coverage. same thing for watches, guns, jewlwery, art and anything else of extra value and that you own more of than the average homeowner.

My insurance rider for guitars is about $400 dollars extra a year and I have to give a updated list with photos and serial numbers every year or 10k in value whichever comes first:-"

I Also have MusicPro insurance coverage which costs me about $900 a year even when gigging, traveling or recording.

Not if you gig it in bars, and get paid.

Homeowners won't cover instruments if you play professionally and also most home owners coverage has strict limits on instrument's mine is 5k total without a rider and extra coverage. same thing for watches, guns, jewlwery, art and anything else of extra value and that you own more of than the average homeowner.

My insurance rider for guitars is about $400 dollars extra a year and I have to give a updated list with photos and serial numbers every year or 10k in value whichever comes firstWhistle

I Also have MusicPro insurance coverage which costs me about $900 a year even when gigging, traveling or recording.

No if you are playing with guitar outside of the home then No it's not cover.

I believe it can be insured out of the home' date=' but if it is stolen the police has to investigate first.

Thats how it works here at least.[/quote']

Well if you never took it out of the house other then have it professionally set up by a guitar tech I mean come on man it doesn't live your house the it does qualify under your homeowner insurance.

Archived