Gibson Brands Forums

My new Guitar and Amp cabinet...*Phaze III* Completed!!

duane v

Looks nice Duane but scares the sh*t out of me... There are some nasty dings just waiting to happen there. Where do you store your cases? I built this' date='

[img']http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/Daveinspain_PB/DSC03493.jpg[/img]

doesn't take up much room, looks good, protects and solves storage problems while keeping everything at an arms reach.

I have to agree. That looks like an accident waiting to happen. Great idea but they are

way to close. Just don't get it a hurry when taking them out.

CW

Looks nice Duane but scares the sh*t out of me... There are some nasty dings just waiting to happen there. Where do you store your cases? I built this' date='

[img']http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/Daveinspain_PB/DSC03493.jpg[/img]

doesn't take up much room, looks good, protects and solves storage problems while keeping everything at an arms reach.

How did Simon get in there? [biggrin]

Looks great' date=' Duane (and Dave), but what happens if you buy another guitar? :-s [/quote']

thanx[cool]

I only keep six or seven out at a time... Plus I just did this little mod, I thought it would help with limiting the moving of guitars in and out of the cabinet. For the most part I play one particular guitar a day. And especially when I'm recording something, it gives me an area to hang the guitar when I'm at the mixing board.

Plus I "plan" to purchase one more guitar next year.[biggrin] ..... Well that's if you're willing to sell me one of your R8 or R9's to me at a good price:-$

I have to agree. That looks like an accident waiting to happen. Great idea but they are

way to close. Just don't get it a hurry when taking them out.

CW

In response to your response[biggrin] ..... The below image is the outcome....[cool] .....

PC120023b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Duane...

My screen may be darker than some, but...

I don't see the padded dividers you'd talked about . I'm clumsy enough that it does have me concerned a bit.

It's a beautiful piece, but I've had people question how I could be so coordinated in some ways and yet manage to be so clumsy in others - and with a guitar I always seem to lose about 90 percent of my coordination other than in my hands, and that's after some 46 years of moving around with the darned things in hand, on straps...

I truly wish I were kidding about that last.

If you shipped it here, I could almost guarantee I'd manage to ding at least two guitars together putting them in or out, on or off a hanger. @#$%#$%

m

Yeah, well...

I think I'm carefull too. Even so, I've more than this tale to tell: One night I came home with the semihollow after a gig and I still don't know, and can't figure out, what happened that resulted in a chunk of finish that disappeared obviously by some clanking of the peghead with ... something.

Absolutely sober, no booze, no nothing except picking and putting the box down in its case while taking a bit of a break to use the rest room and grab more coffee...

That's not the first time. Darn it. I can't even use advancing age as an excuse.

As I said, at some things I'm pretty decently coordinated, at others... So that's made me a bit cowardly. Of course, I'll freely admit the possibility that overcaution is the cause of the problem rather than the result.

m

Archived