Gibson Brands Forums

what drives you crazy?

Cruzn...

Some day we've gotta sit over a coffee or some other libation and laugh at the world together.

You're so right about proof of the need for mods due to inexcusable crudity when we should be at least "GP" rated.

I'm also a bit bothered by the political comment on this thread which probably should have no place for it.

I've had many friends on both sides of the political spectrum and I've found that most professionals are far better friends to have than most who sit and holler.

But then... at the professional level it's something of a different game.

m

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruzn...

Some day we've gotta sit over a coffee or some other libation and laugh at the world together.

You're so right about proof of the need for mods due to inexcusable crudity when we should be at least "GP" rated.

I'm also a bit bothered by the political comment on this thread which probably should have no place for it.

I've had many friends on both sides of the political spectrum and I've found that most professionals are far better friends to have than most who sit and holler.

But then... at the professional level it's something of a different game.

m

Milo, I'd enjoy that immensely, thanks. But it's 20 degrees here this AM and, I'd wager, colder in your 'hood than mine. Let's wait for some sunshine and warm spring breezes. And you're right about laughing, it's about all I have left. <G>

A few days ago' date=' Mrs. Neo and I were leaving another busy parking lot, as I unlocked the doors remotely on my truck, a car stopped behind us - waiting for our parking space.

My God, there are hundreds of available spaces if you only drive out maybe another 50 feet.

Oh, well.

I walked to the passenger door of my truck to put my wife in (as I ALWAYS do) and as I was walking around to my side I saw the woman drumming her fingers on the steering wheel in an obvious display of disgust.

Seems I was really holding up progress for her....

=P~

[/quote']

Hell neo, this behaviour might irritate some, but if I were in your situation, and especially if there were plenty other parking spaces, then I would have purposely taken my time.

I wouldn't do that in all situations, I'm not that kind of guy, but, hell some people deserve it.

Like the ones who act like they are bigger and better than everybody, the real impatient ones who think the whole freaking universe revolves around themself.

- Lead singers. Mostly the ones that are not musical or think they can play an instrument, but cannot.

- People who use the word gay as a derogatory adjective.

- William Kristol. That guy's never met a war he didn't like. So easy to extol imperialism and killing from the warm safety of America. Man up and enlist if you really mean it.

Hell neo' date=' this behaviour might irritate some, but if I were in your situation, and especially if there were plenty other parking spaces, then I would have purposely taken my time.

I wouldn't do that in all situations, I'm not that kind of guy, but, hell some people deserve it.

Like the ones who act like they are bigger and better than everybody, the real impatient ones who think the whole freaking universe revolves around themself.[/quote']

I would just go about my business. Smile about it, too. Extend politeness as best as you can to those around you, in spite of how they treat you.

Be the bigger man, you know?

Cruzn...

Yup about the weather. It was a bit chillier than -5 overnight here.

As for laughing at the world being all that's left... Naaaaah. We can still pick and grin...

m

So true, Milo. Once again I beg your pardon. I meant given the choice between laughter and pissin' in the wind, I'd sooner just laugh. But pickin' and grinnin' is better still.

Cruzn...

As for p-vs-wind... yupper. At our age, been there, done that. Sometimes it's still half fun, though.

I just got an email from a young guy that, for me, really put things into perspective.

I trained this young guy for years; talented high school kid pushing himself even in some half dangerous ways. Now? He's an engineer for some computer folks, papa, hell, probably a grandpa...

Now? We're both a cupla folks over the 50 year mark and more in common than the relatively few years that separated us in the mid 1970s.

Laughing at the world helps "old guys" from wishing they'd just be able to take their leave, I think. Girls somehow seem to find other reasons. Heck, all my little sister seems to wanna talk about are her kids and grandkids.

Me? I'll just keep laughing and pickin' and grinnin'. Okay, as a journalist, occasionally growling a little while on the job.

<grin>

m

Milo, good to hear about your "young" friend. The same sorta thing happens with our own young'ns; they leave as children and return as adults, both in our eyes as well as their own. At least that's how it's supposed to happen.

And, much like yourself, I continue to grow and learn, although sometimes not particularly willingly. Sometimes I still get surprised. And this past year has been one that seems to have been made up of one "WTF?!" situation after another. Makes those nights sitting in the dark in my glider, listening to Blues with my cat on my lap especially appealing. [crying][biggrin]

Archived