Gibson Brands Forums

Hair (or lack thereof)

ksdaddy

Well, if you look at the current avatar, that's pretty much what I look like now at older than most on the forums.

OTOH, I joke that I've threatened the barber with great physical violence if he again shows me the back of my head.

<grin>

Yeah, I've got the extra growing on the ears and inside the nose thing. Genetics for sure. And I swear the gray whiskers grow faster than the brown ones ever did.

Still, I'm a hat wearer. Since I froze my ears in the '60s, they sunburn too easily, so a cap is out, even though I've got probably three dozen of the things in the closet. Almost inevitably it's a "western" hat. Felt in winter, straw in summer.

Hats are warm in winter and cool in summer and I don't get sunburned much.

Was a time everybody wore 'em, but that seems to have ended about the time that heaters and air conditioners in cars stopped being add-on equipment. I remember a half dozen stores in Des Moines, for example within a three-block area that had big signs that they cleaned and blocked hats. Now? Good luck.

m

KSDaddy

I don't know why, but I drew the hairless card. My dad died at age 75 with a full head of hair, my brother passed away at 66 with most of his hair. I started losing mine at age 35, now at 57 I have little on top but still thick on the sides.

Strangely I have started growing hair in some strange places, my ear's for example. I could do a weave with my ear hair. I have always had a hairy back and chest, but what good does that do?

A few years ago I decided to shave my noggin and went totally airless (from the neck up) for a year. It really bums me out sometimes, but what are you going to do? I carry a picture of me at age 24 with a gloriously thick head of hair flowing all the way down to the middle of my back. When some young buck makes a comment about my rather wide part, I whip out that picture and tell them to enjoy it while you got it..

Screw it. I took the trimmer and hooked up the 1" attachment and went over the whole thing. Looked horrible. I then took the tapered trimmers and went around the ears. Looking a little better. Went over it again with the 7/8"' date=' then 3/4" ... nope. Still not right. Finally I went over it with the 1/2" and had my daughter do the back with the 1/4".

Gawd, what a shock to the system. I haven't had a buzz cut since I was four. I look remarkably like a pro wrestler from the 60s.

At least I didn't go to the combover stage.[/quote']

I'll say it again, clean cut is WAY cooler to me than longer hair, and if you're losing the battle...I think I just like balding dudes *blush

My boyfriend is not thirty yet and he's got thin thin hair on top. I can't wait for him to just get rid of it.

He cuts is really short and when its fresh I love it.

JasonStatham.jpg is hotter than matthewmcconaughey1.jpg

...I live in an area where the ONLY acceptable hats are billed farmer hats with John Deere or some such on it. I have 3 or 4 nice flat hats' date=' whatever they're called....[/quote']

Funny, I thought standard head gear for Maine was a Stormy Kromer:

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0021537942536a.shtml

They got 'em in Real-Tree Camo and Blaze orange.

You're Welcome.

I think hat wearing by men went out of vogue when Jack Kennedy became a news item. (Dirty rotten Massachusettsian. [biggrin] ) Curiously, women began wearing long white gloves and pill box hats like his wife Jackie.

Just kidding about the Massachusettesian. Curiouser still, what do you call one who lives in Massachusetts?

Archived