Gibson Brands Forums

Used Hummingbird Price?

eds111

I found a mint Hummingbird. Not sure the year but it has no wear on the frets, pick guard or body. The only sign of age is tarnish on the Grover tuners. It looks like it sat in the case for years. It does not have a pickup. It has an orange label.

Sound great, plays great! It may be mine soon.

They want $1299. Seem like a great price for this one. What do you think?

I think $1299 was cheap for a hummingbird! I payed $1750 for mine on ebay, and I thought that was cheap!

Mine is a 2007 model, and I believe it was unplayed because it has really opened up after only a few months of playing.

I think definitely you should go for the $1299 guitar if it is in mint condition. You'll love it!

I did it! This Bird flew home with me.

It's a 2001. It sat in the case, no doubt. The tarnish on the tuners came off just from me tuning it in the store.

I got home it and polished the thing and it looks perfect. There isn't a mark on it!

I did tweak the truss rod to eliminate some buzzing. I lowered the action at the nut and saddle to where I like it.

The tone is so sweet, great trebles and nice bass. Sounds great!!

The body size will take some getting used to, but I am off next week so I expect it to feel just right after a couple of days.

The $1299 price doesn't seem right, maybe someone at the GC thought it was a used H-bird Artist. I would think this should be a $2000+ guitar.

I did it! This Bird flew home with me.

It's a 2001. It sat in the case' date=' no doubt. The tarnish on the tuners came off just from me tuning it in the store.

I got home it and polished the thing and it looks perfect. There isn't a mark on it!

I did tweak the truss rod to eliminate some buzzing. I lowered the action at the nut and saddle to where I like it.

The tone is so sweet, great trebles and nice bass. Sounds great!!

The body size will take some getting used to, but I am off next week so I expect it to feel just right after a couple of days.

The $1299 price doesn't seem right, maybe someone at the GC thought it was a used H-bird Artist. I would think this should be a $2000+ guitar.

[/quote']

The price sounds great... we wanna see photos!! Good thing you found it before me.... my wife will make me sleep in the garage if I bring home another guitar!

CONGRATZ!!

Thanks all. I know I've got to post some pics. I will try to get some pics this week...I don't have a camera.

I've been playing the thing a lot and I have all week off of work!!

BTW it sounds great. Nice and mellow for fingerstyle. Blues sound great, especially with a thumb pick; nice thumpy bass. Strumming is fantastic. Flatpicking very good, but maybe not as good as the Martin.

Archived