Gibson Brands Forums

This song needs a sweet melodic solo!!

ShredAstaire

Part of me felt like that solo was off. Like the bends were too low and I felt like it wasn't in the song or something... Maybe it's the channeling.

Well that's because it is off[biggrin] ..... That solo is hardly the final take' date=' it was just to present to Shred if I was heading in the right direction.

As for the channeling, the solo will never have that connection because the main music track is all crammed on channel 1, and the solo is on channel 2. Plus right now the solo was recorded mono and wasn't mixed down.

Once the final solo take is completed, I will mix it down in split stereo so it will blend more with the music track mix. But even with executing it in that manner, there will always be track floating because the guitar solo will have the definitive separation from the music track, because the solo has its own track, while the music that Shred provided is all on one track.

In the end this is only to provide Shred some solo ideas. My recommendation would be for him to take the ideas he likes and lay the solo down himself[cool']

Well that's because it is off[biggrin] ..... That solo is hardly the final take' date=' it was just to present to Shred if I was heading in the right direction.

As for the channeling, the solo will never have that connection because the main music track is all crammed on channel 1, and the solo is on channel 2. Plus right now the solo was recorded mono and wasn't mixed down.

Once the final solo take is completed, I will mix it down in split stereo so it will blend more with the music track mix. But even with executing it in that manner, there will always be track floating because the guitar solo will have the definitive separation from the music track, because the solo has its own track, while the music that Shred provided is all on one track.

In the end this is only to provide Shred some solo ideas. My recommendation would be for him to take the ideas he likes and lay the solo down himself[cool']

I feel stupid. You said it wasn't the final track.[lol]

LOL! Yeah I knew it wasn't the final product....with that said, it sounded great and you have the right idea with what to do with it there!!

Now Duane, once you have the solo you love, you can send me JUST the solo track and I can mix it properly into the song so it sounds "natural" if you'd like.

Its very nice...[cool] What scale are you using there Duane?

Shred

That would be the best way is for me to send you the individual track via email. You definitely do not want to retrieve the track processed down to a youtube vid[biggrin] LOL!!!

Let me know what format you're looking for..... Cakewalk allows me just about any formats available.

Nice! Yeah I think Broadcast WAVE might be the best...

Hopefully you can export in 24 bit cuz I think thats what I did the recording in....if not' date=' not to worru. I can play around a bit and figure it out.[/quote']

I mix down in 24 bits as well..... I also have a FTP site you can extract the file from.... I'll give the username and password once the track is completed

Great tune guys! Shred' date=' I'm surprised nobody is praising you for your lyrics, so please allow me be the first. Those are some deep words, I got into the lyrics so much I almost forgot about the guitar. Great guitar too![/quote']

Ha! Thanks....actually I forgot to mention...That's not me singing AND i didn't write the lyrics...lol!

That's the two old singers of my ex-band, Knuckle....they were pretty good together....

I wish I could take credit but apparently i have nothing to say lol...i speak with my axe!!

Hello all....i'm pretty much a rhythm guitarist and i'm not so good at soloing...especially when it comes to ideas.

I'm looking for someone to record a solo for this track....i'm not sure its a style that all of you are into (maybe some of you) but i'd love to hear several of your takes on the song...

Recorded in Pro Tools.....

Here's the Mp3:

http://www.box.net/shared/b05hlosqfb

If anyone is interested' date=' just go ahead and download the track and get to it! If you're not into it, that's fine...any feedback is welcome, constructive or otherwise! [blink

Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

*cringe*

Holy crap! Just looked at the download stats....and since I posted this here, this track has been downloaded 121 times. That means a lot of you checked it out! Whether you liked it or not, I want to thank everyone who downloaded and listened to this track....hopefully once Duane sends me the final solo, and I mix it in properly, it will get 400 downloads here lol!!!

Thanks to all!!!

I'll send you the isolated track tonight..... More than likely you'll need to extract it from my FTP site.... PM me your email address.

If you need me to lay down anything else just let me know.... FYI I play all brass instruments (38 years experience). Played piano for the same amount of time.

my son is a accomplished sax player, good guitar player, and a frustrated drummer. He received a music scholarship to Arizona State but opted for USC next year instead (lucky me):) . My daughter is a very accomplished flute player at the age of 12, not to mention a great guitar player herself.

We will put anything on tape for just the asking[cool]

Archived