Gibson Brands Forums

My other Baby

swleary

I hear ya

I don't know if I'm getting jerked by the local M&P or if they're getting jerked by Ibanez. I'm s'pose to hear from them today. We'll see.

I hate being put in the position of having to be a d!ckhead to get people to do what they say they'll do.

Anytime my local shop would try to jerk me around with anything related to Ibanez' date=' I'd just go to the Ibanez Rep . Things got done very quickly after that lol[/quote']

I'm thinking one of the guys on the Iby forum is the one that puts the Prestige basses together for delivery to the US stores. I think I'll PM him and see if he can shake some bushes. Thanks for the thought.

I read your post at the Ibanez forum. Ok I have red flags going off here. They said they are making your bass? NO they don't custom to orders like that anymore.

Yeah, that's already been addressed. I had to tell the salesman that Ibanez doesn't make their insturments and would have no idea what the build date would be. I just dropped a pm to Tom@Ibanez explaining where were at on this. Hopefully he can light a fire. If nothing else, I can cancel the order and get it from Sweetwater. Hell, I'm trying to do the local shop a favor. LOL!

You did the right thing here. I like lighting fires when it needs to be done.

Btw David Eden stuff rocks...I'm looking at getting one of his cabinets. :-$ don't tell my wife' date=' it's a surprise lol[/quote']

LOL! Yes, that should be a nice surprise. It's funny, I've been looking at Eden as well as Hartke. I've no intention of gigging with the bass (now, where have I heard this before..?) but just for grins and giggles I'm gonna go ahead and build a rig. Something on the order of 500 watts, a 15 cab and a 4 X 10. I've enjoyed the Bassman 250 2 X 10 but I'd like to "feel" it more when I play. Oh, I haven't said anything to Mrs. Cruzn, either. A surprise...what a nice idea. [biggrin]

LOL! Yes' date=' that should be a nice surprise. It's funny, I've been looking at Eden as well as Hartke. I've no intention of gigging with the bass (now, where have I heard this before..?) but just for grins and giggles I'm gonna go ahead and build a rig. Something on the order of 500 watts, a 15 cab and a 4 X 10. I've enjoyed the Bassman 250 2 X 10 but I'd like to "feel" it more when I play. Oh, I haven't said anything to Mrs. Cruzn, either. A surprise...what a nice idea. [biggrin']

I have the Fender bassman 1x15 cabinet. It's great but I'd like something a bit more beefer in sound. Maybe 2x15 or 4x15 would fit the bill.

David Eden also makes the Nemesis line. I have the Rs400 head and it rocks. Didn't break the bank either. I don't have much Hartke experience but I've never heard anything bad about them so I guess that's a good thing .

Oh yes surprise your wife...if she doesn't talk to you for a few days...no biggy....more bass/guitar time lol .

Archived