Gibson Brands Forums

My other Baby

swleary

I don't know much about bass guitars' date=' but those are some big @$$ pickups!

I really like the wood though, the natural finish with that set through neck being made of a different wood (maple or birch maybe?) adds a beautiful contrast. [/quote']

The pickups are big on the sound side too.

The body is Bubinga and a Maple neck with Ekanga veneer stripes. Wenge fingerboard too.

It plays like a wet dream lol.

My wife bought me it 2 years ago. Haven't wanted to play another bass since.

My wife wouldn't buy me the regular Warwick Corvette. She insisted the Bubinga was more pretty. It is and ya it does play much better than a regular Corvette but it is $1100 more. I wasn't going to argue with her. " Yes dear I'll get the more expensive one" lol

Thanks Everyone.

The two little switches near the volume/tone knobs? omg I didn't notice those before, how did they get there? lol Sorry had to joke.

Those are coil splits. Two big humbuckers and I can split the coils on them too. Extremely versatile bass with some very serious tone.

I always wanted a Warwick since the mid 90's but never got around to getting one.Finally the wife said, "lets go get it ,I'm buying it for you" . I sold my two Ibanez basses in less than a week. I had a really nice Ibanez SR505 from the mid 90's, only 100 left in existence, that got sold real fast. I haven't regretted getting the Warwick one bit. Are Warwick the best basses around? No..... but I love mine. If I ever do decide to get another bass, it'll be an F-Bass ,google that lol .

The Warwick will probably be my last bass but who knows down the road lol

I would love to try a Gibson bass but they are hard to come by around here. Epiphones are the closest thing around. Ibanez, Fender,Peavey and Warwick are the normal around here.

Warwick has been around for years, started as Framus. Still not that well known as much as some of the above basses. Warwick just came out with a Corvette model for under $1000 Usd, wouldn't mind trying that. Could be a great backup bass lol

Don't tell Cruzn's' date=' he'll be here giving me a hard time lol

[/quote']

Never...at least not for having such a sweet bass. Even though a month after ordering my SR5000 I STILL don't have it.

No I'd never bag on ya for that. Nor for the fact that you have a wenge fretboard...a very desirable wood, don'tcha know. My bass2B is capped front and back with wenge, as well as having the wenge fretboard. But I don't have it yet.

And if you pronounce it "wenj", yer as big a horse's patoot as XDemonNightynite! bashsmilie.gif

Thanks Everyone.

The two little switches near the volume/tone knobs? omg I didn't notice those before' date=' how did they get there? lol Sorry had to joke.

Those are coil splits. Two big humbuckers and I can split the coils on them too. Extremely versatile bass with some very serious tone.

I always wanted a Warwick since the mid 90's but never got around to getting one.Finally the wife said, "lets go get it ,I'm buying it for you" . I sold my two Ibanez basses in less than a week. I had a really nice Ibanez SR505 from the mid 90's, only 100 left in existence, that got sold real fast. I haven't regretted getting the Warwick one bit. Are Warwick the best basses around? No..... but I love mine. If I ever do decide to get another bass, it'll be an F-Bass ,google that lol .

The Warwick will probably be my last bass but who knows down the road lol

[/quote']

Nice though it is, I can't imagine you not wanting to explore the world of short-scale, long-scale, extended scale or octave basses. I'm stoked about the new SR5000, if it ever gets here, but I'm already looking very seriously at the Rob Allen Mouse Bass, a short-scale that sounds so close to an upright that it'd fool most non-playing listeners.

And, if I live long enough, I think it'd be a serious kick to learn upright.

Nice though it is' date=' I can't imagine you not wanting to explore the world of short-scale, long-scale, extended scale or octave basses. I'm stoked about the new SR5000, if it ever gets here, but I'm already looking very seriously at the Rob Allen Mouse Bass, a short-scale that sounds so close to an upright that it'd fool most non-playing listeners.

And, if I live long enough, I think it'd be a serious kick to learn upright.

You don't have your Sr500 yet? thought you would have by now? I'd be pissed.

I'm quite content with what I have for now but maybe gas will get the best of me later on down the road. A nice fretless would be very cool or an octave bass would be even cooler. Ok Cruznolfart....you are not supposed to plant those seeds in my head, could be a very bad thing for me lol. Personally, the next thing I learn to play will be a Cello, that's something I've always wanted to play. Hmmm could be sooner than I think lol.

You don't have your Sr500 yet? thought you would have by now? I'd be pissed.

I'm quite content with what I have for now but maybe gas will get the best of me later on down the road. A nice fretless would be very cool or an octave bass would be even cooler. Ok Cruznolfart....you are not supposed to plant those seeds in my head' date=' could be a very bad thing for me lol. Personally, the next thing I learn to play will be a Cello, that's something I've always wanted to play. Hmmm could be sooner than I think lol.

[/quote']

Hee hee...my work here is done!

Archived