Gibson Brands Forums

help with a contest

yatyas

need a little help here, my uncle wants to have a contest with me, we pick a solo , by who doesnt matter but it has to by

someone that used a les paul for it , i.e slash, jimmy page , ect. we both do the same solo , my choice,will be juged by the family , loser buys dinner.

i'm leaning toward the solo in highway star, pretty sure he used a les paul. but i'm drawing a blank for anything else,

maybe some zepplin.

anybody got any ideas? nothing too difficult , but nothing too easy either.

throw some stuff at me , could realy use some input , i'm not to sure about what guitars alot of artists have used so any help would be good

i've posed this question on a few forums and havent gotten even one reply, bummer!

now my uncle has been playing since the early 1960's , and can play with three fingers tied behind his back , i've been playing for 1 year , so i'll probably be buying dinner , but that allright

ME-- 2008 LES PAUL STANDARD

UNCLE-- 1968 LES PAUL STANDARD

maggie may sounds like a good one to do, sweet child and cant get enough too , but i think ill go with maggie may.

i told my uncle last night maybe HIGHWAY STAR, and he also said thats on a strat, (i was just dreaming on that one anyway) he went on to say he could play that one with pick in his teeth!!![lol] . i'm not compleatly sure if he was yankin me or not, either way i'm pretty sure my *** will be soundly kicked[crying].

but i've got untill the 4th of july , and i'm going to spend every waking moment working on this, so wish me luck.

and if i can it perfect , maybe i should let him win , he is getting pretty old , and did i mention the 1968 LES PAUL in pretty dam good condition that he bought new in '68, and that i'm the only one in the family besides him that plays, there's still time for him to add some things to his WILL!!![thumbup]

thanks to all for your suggestions and help, i'll let ya'all know how it goes

maggie may sounds like a good one to do' date=' sweet child and cant get enough too , but i think ill go with maggie may.

i told my uncle last night maybe HIGHWAY STAR, and he also said that's on a strat, (i was just dreaming on that one anyway) he went on to say he could play that one with pick in his teeth!!![lol . I'm not completely sure if he was yankin me or not, either way i'm pretty sure my *** will be soundly kicked[crying].

but I've got until the 4th of july , and I'm going to spend every waking moment working on this, so wish me luck.

and if i can it perfect , maybe i should let him win , he is getting pretty old , and did i mention the 1968 LES PAUL in pretty dam good condition that he bought new in '68, and that I'm the only one in the family besides him that plays, there's still time for him to add some things to his WILL!!![thumbup]

thanks to all for your suggestions and help, i'll let ya'all know how it goes

Here's a sound demo I made of the solo..... If you want the lead track all by itself, I can give that to you as well.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Archived