Gibson Brands Forums

Value of Gibson SG 1968

slayer of souls

Check the pot codes if you want a more accurate date (assuming they haven't been changed) but it ain't no '68 thats for sure.

SG Std was re-introduced in late '72 (to take over from the SG Deluxe) and most of these had a Bigsby fitted as a matter of course, a few were available with stop bars and they looked a whole lot better for it... just MHO you understand, but I think any guitar with a Bigsby fitted looks totally horrendous.

Yours will probably turn out to be a '73 - '74 and also, check it out for a repaired headstock break.

$400 seems a fair estimate based on its condition and (none) originality, pickups, finish etc.

I quite like the '73-'74 SG Standards, well the ones without the string wobbling "ironwork" fitted anyway, but I think I am probably in the minority.

If it was a '71-'72 Deluxe it would like like this....

b3sgDELUXE.jpg

T21

waaaaaaaaaa.....now i am alkl drunkd up....piss on your guitar..........tis worth uh oh gotta puke now,,,,,uuuuggghhh.....uuuuuuhhhh

arrrrrrhhhhhhhh...............ughhhhhhh................I am gone kill some body........punk *** mo...fukker........die .mo fuker..die

waaaaaaaaaa.....now i am alkl drunkd up....piss on your guitar..........tis worth uh oh gotta puke now' date=',,,,uuuuggghhh.....uuuuuuhhhh

arrrrrrhhhhhhhh...............ughhhhhhh................I am gone kill some body........punk *** mo...fukker........die .mo fuker..die[/quote']

HAHAHAHAHAHAA! :-#

If you have the original parts it helps, but you did that repaint. Guess your ****ed at the vintage marked. With those emg in it you can come over a metal head that take this over a new standard or special. I say you can be lucky and get a 1000$. keep it, and in 20 years if you take good care of it, it might be worth something.

Archived