Gibson Brands Forums

An Ostentatious Claim...

Shnate McDuanus

Boys...

I was admiring my SG Special Faded tonight, when I realized that there wasn't a single thing I disliked about the body.

Of course, there are a few things I dislike about the guitar--actually, only that the pickups are nude. I've always liked the look of covered humbuckers. Besides that, I don't think there's anything I flat-out dislike about it.

I can tell you what I love especially, though. The bevels.

Ladies and gentlemen, I love my bevels. I think they're perfect.

So...perfect bevels? I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I want you guys to see this.

It's awesome.

I loves me some bevels[biggrin] , from what i've seen so far special fadeds have some really decent ones. As far as newer SG's anyway. Pics are a little grainy, but i'll post more on a prettier day.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Sorry for the hijack, but you reminded me of how I love my Special[love]

Sorry guys. The pictures came out pretty badly.

P1280193.jpg

P1280194.jpg

P4220202.jpg

P4220203.jpg

P4220204.jpg

P4220205.jpg

P4220206.jpg

P4220207.jpg

P4220208.jpg

P4220209.jpg

OK guys, I'll admit that, upon closer inspection, my bevels are far from perfect.

The horns leave a little to be desired, and the treble side is honestly a bit thick. I think the bass side, at least, is nearly perfect though.

I still love it and I think that it's a beautiful instrument. I hope you guys dig it.

I think the body looks great and the finish is very nice too. Let's just say, then, that it's perfect for me. [biggrin]

Best regards.

For the record, it fits my SG perfectly and has stayed together fairly well.

Just a question...without wanting to keep away from the main topic. When your SG is in the case does it have a small gap in the lower "waist", in the body? A gap between the body and case, I mean.

Mine fits perfectly in the upper body..I can not say the for the lower.[biggrin]

Just a question...without wanting to keep away from the main topic. When your SG is in the case does it have a small gap in the lower "waist"' date=' in the body? A gap between the body and case, I mean.

Mine fits perfectly in the upper body..I can not say the for the lower.[-( [/quote']

Well, it's very, very snug for the most part, but looking at it more closely, I see exactly what you mean.

There's a bit of a gap between the "waist" and the treble side of the body.

Bevels.......I wana to play too........

1st up 09 Raw Power.....

cat7103.jpg

cat7104.jpg

99 Standard........kind of weak on bevels but blazin where it matters

cat7105.jpg

cat7106.jpg

Unknown year

cat7107.jpg

cat7108.jpg

cat7109.jpg

cat7110.jpg

this guitar is a 1/2 inch thicker with oak added on the back...if you want to see how I did this click my mod link.

cat7111.jpg

Not trying to be rude and not saying it's a bad thing, buy your bevels are really small.

If you like them like that then it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.

I love the bevels on my Standard and they aren't too much deeper than yours. The bevels on the back of my guitar are much deeper than the ones on the front. I don't know why but I kinda like it.

I have to say the grain on your SG's body is very nice. Great looking body. How many pieces is it?

I like the look of the faded finish. I prefer gloss but there are some very nice looking fadeds out there.

Nice looking guitar man [biggrin]

Archived