Gibson Brands Forums

Ten Years After

Blackie

An awesome performance by Alvin and co. I was told that Alvin was high on speed at the time they did "Goin' Home." Does anyone know if that's true' date=' or just rumourhearsay. I mean, I realise IT WAS the sixties and nearly everyone there would have been high on something.

It doesn't really matter anyway, because high or not, it was a fantastic show by TYA and I too enjoy revisiting the entire '69 Woodstock event.[/quote']

I would believe that,, I heard an interview with Carlos Santana about Woodstock, he was trippin on Mescaline when he did "Soul Sacrifice" he wasnt expected to go on then but they needed someone to go on, he said the guitar neck felt like a "snake" in his hands weaving all over the place,, LOL,,,

That Ten Years After is one of my all time favorite performances too,, been a huge fan of that opening rippage for many years,, Alvin Lee has some amazing work out there too, some great Blues stuff, an amazing guitarist that doesnt seem to get his due recognition either

Blackie! Yes! That is without a doubt the best cut off of the Woodstock albums, even better than Hendrix. Alvin Lee wails. I had a couple of Alvin Lee and Ten Years After albums (the one with Mylon Lefevre was excellent), but I heard a cut on the radio the other day by Alvin Lee doing a slow blues number. Can't figure out where it came from, but it was sweet! Alvin was self-taught from what I understand.

Archived