Gibson Brands Forums

im sending stuff to slash to be autographed

GuitarGod319

I'm not trying to dash any hopes here, but I've done the fan mail thing before and I don't think you'll get the results you're looking for. When I was younger than you I had the same idea to send some stuff to my favorite baseball player at the time Frank Thomas (He may have just been cut by the Blue Jays, but he was the Sh*t in '92-'93). I sent him a letter and some cards for him to sign. About 5 years later I finally got something back. It was the same form letter than was sent in response to ever piece of fan mail that he received. I did get my cards back though. Anyways if I were you I wouldn't be sending anything and expecting an autograph. And I especially wouldn't send anything that I would be sad about not seeing ever again. Even if you send a letter with it telling these gods how you're they're biggest fan and this would mean the world to you they'll still probably treat it as just any other memorabilia collector looking to turn a quick profit on e-bay.

Long story short totally send them stuff, but I'd start with just a letter. If you get a response within the next year and it's not just some pre-written processed piece of form letter garbage then maybe send them something and hope for an autograph back. Then I'll definitely be hitting you up for those addresses. Mr. Page will sure be surprised to find me at his door. That's a beating I'll gladly take.

I'm not trying to dash any hopes here' date=' but I've done the fan mail thing before and I don't think you'll get the results you're looking for. When I was younger than you I had the same idea to send some stuff to my favorite baseball player at the time Frank Thomas (He may have just been cut by the Blue Jays, but he was the Sh*t in '92-'93). I sent him a letter and some cards for him to sign. About 5 years later I finally got something back. It was the same form letter than was sent in response to ever piece of fan mail that he received. I did get my cards back though. Anyways if I were you I wouldn't be sending anything and expecting an autograph. And I especially wouldn't send anything that I would be sad about not seeing ever again. Even if you send a letter with it telling these gods how you're they're biggest fan and this would mean the world to you they'll still probably treat it as just any other memorabilia collector looking to turn a quick profit on e-bay.

Long story short totally send them stuff, but I'd start with just a letter. If you get a response within the next year and it's not just some pre-written processed piece of form letter garbage [i']then[/i] maybe send them something and hope for an autograph back. Then I'll definitely be hitting you up for those addresses. Mr. Page will sure be surprised to find me at his door. That's a beating I'll gladly take.

](*,) ..............eh-oh.well,its just a picture and a cd that i can copy.

There's only one item that I would ever want autographed...and that's the pickguard to my Les Paul Standard...signed by Les Paul himself. I'm going to NYC this summer. While I'm there I'm going to see him at the jazz club he plays at. I highly...HIGHLY...doubt I'll get his autograph, but with any luck...

Other than that, I have no interest in any memorabilia from any celebrities. They're just people. I have no interest in their personal lives, getting them to sign a CD or T-shirt, wearing the same clothes they wear, playing the same guitar they play, or smoking the same cigarettes they smoke.

The only reason I would like a signed pickguard is because the man is a living legend and has been a musician for 90 years...and if I don't get it, then it's no big deal.

I don't smoke, I'm just saying...

Archived