Gibson Brands Forums

New Buckethead Album

mcmurray

Reflections--

"Chaos Of The Unconscious": It has some very nice parts in it, actually. I found that, in the beginning, and through a part in the middle, that riff, and the repetition of said riff, tended to get on my nerves a little, but overall I thought that it was pretty cool. Honestly, I wasn't blown away by it completely, and I felt that the pacing was lacking a bit--at times it failed to maintain my interest, but when it was good it was good. 7/10.

"Sled Ride": Wow! Anything that I said about Buckethead's pacing has been hereby remedied by this track. I can honestly say with firm conviction that, when the track started, it felt very special. It has a really sweet groove to it, and it's got a very nice sound overall. I was blown away by this one. I actually felt compelled to repeat it twice after finishing it for the first time. 9/10.

Thanks for sharing, ShredAstaire! [biggrin]

Cheers man...glad to see you gave it an honest shot! Also glad you liked it!! Someone has the whole album posted on YT which is a little unnerving to me....but if you like it enough to buy it (you might not!).... www.TDRSmusic.com - thats your place.

Hey John' date='

thanks for posting those 2 samples, I listened and found them great! I they are certainly not ''guitar-player's or musicians' music'' only, although we cannot call him ''mainstream'' either (thank God!).

I don't own any of his work, but I like what I have heard so far. And I find him fresh, interesting & inspiring. Which rather means that I will have to own some of his work... I guess...:-k

[thumbup

Man this album is a completely new direction for him. Over half of it is in a major tonality' date=' he's never done that before. Sounds like he's really content at the moment.[/quote']

Yeah, it's so fresh in that sense! It's funny because a lot of people were saying they wanted that (including me). I said he should do an album of all major songs. I'm liking the happy riffs and the jazz chords.

Archived