Gibson Brands Forums

I felt the earth move under my feet...

TommyK

... no really.

Centered near Pingree Grove, 4 point something on the Richtofen scale. I live 30 SW of the epicenter and felt nothing. None of my wifes voluminous knick-knacks, tchotckis and various brick-a-brack were disturbed. All is good.

Damage reports are coming in...

2 Doritos bags hit the floor at a convenience store. No word as to if they burst or were put back on the shelf.

Yeah... earthquakes in Illinois aren't much to write home about.

... no really.

Centered near Pingree Grove' date=' 4 point something on the Richtofen scale. I live 30 SW of the epicenter and felt nothing. None of my wifes voluminous knick-knacks, tchotckis and various brick-a-brack were disturbed. All is good.

[/quote']

In California we call that.... "another Tuesday".

I felt it' date=' pretty strong for this area, but I have to say I may have heard the stupidest question ever asked.

Jan Jeffcoat from the local FOX channel asked a USGS Rep....Did our recent snow storm cause this?

[/quote']

Sounds like a question for Al Gore!!

... no really.

Centered near Pingree Grove' date=' 4 point something on the Richtofen scale. I live 30 SW of the epicenter and felt nothing. None of my wifes voluminous knick-knacks, tchotckis and various brick-a-brack were disturbed. All is good.

[/quote']

Wow what a small world. I used to have this high school girl friend who lived in Pingree Grove and she used to tell me that all the time, "I felt the earth move under my feet" [biggrin]

Snow? Caused it? hehe. #-o

My observation is that it was probably caused by the new wind turbines which came on line in December. They generate a harmonic resonance which probably jostled the two plates, causing them to move. :-({|=

(TFPLIC)

In California we call that.... "another Tuesday".

hehehe [lol]

Damage reports are coming in...

2 Doritos bags hit the floor at a convenience store. No word as to if they burst or were put back on the shelf.

Yeah... earthquakes in Illinois aren't much to write home about.

LOL!! [lol]

Archived