Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone tried out the Orange Dual Terror?

ledzep59

I am looking into either a tiny terror or a (30w) dual terror. Just want a versatile tube amp head that will play a range of rock tones (soft, classic, hard) that is 30w maximum. Price range is under $1000, so that is why I didn't include the rocker 30. I just need the head, which I will be playing through a Avatar 2x12 cabinet with one Celestion Blue and one Celestion H30. I am also looking at Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AC15. If you have any suggestions, please share!

I am getting to be pretty interested with Ceriatone 18 and 20 watt Marshall clones, except I am worried about the clean tones and the heavy overdrive. Also wondering about the Marshall Haze 15 and whether anyone has messed around with it.

That was the first time I have ever heard of it. I watched a demo on Youtube and it looks pretty good. The cleans are amazing on that amp, but I am also very concerned with the heavy distortion. I am wondering if the transatlantic can pull off that "over the top" gain used in more modern hard rock.

i have nothing but good things to say about my Marshall Haze 40 combo. it kicks the crap out of the Tiny Terror 1x12 that I have. I run my SG Standard or R9 straight in and crank it to get that tasty el34 goodness. Is it as good as a JVM? Nah. But it doesn't cost $2000 either.

Well it would probably do a better job in this area than the Orange or Vox. I haven't tried one though' date=' sorry.[/quote']

I am not sure if the transatlantic can hit the heavy heavy gain sounds. Orange has that nice fluid distortion, which I love. I would try out the Transatlantic, and the Dual Terror, and a whole bunch of others. For the widest range, I think you might be happiest with the Transatlantic.

One of the exceptional cool features is that you can assign different wattages to different channels.

Let us know because I am in the same predicament, I want a 'lunchbox' amp and am trying to decide between the Dual Terror and the Transatlantic.

I am going to try out a bunch of these amps at Guitar Center after I get my sheptones installed I think. What about the Marshall Haze 15 head? Is it as good as the 40; they use different tubes don't they?

BTW, bluzhammer, if you have any old amps you are trying to sell for the low, I live in ATL too so let me know if you have any you are trying to get rid of...

Archived