Gibson Brands Forums

HNAD in my future!

Andre S

I ordered a small tube amp two days ago...

I have no idea when it is coming....it is taking a rather indirect route...to my cousins house in the States, and some time after that to me...

It will be a while...sigh

Its a Fender Champion 600, I bought it with the main intention of it being small enough to accompany me to school for guitar club...also because it can plug in to a cabinet...

Patience....will take some effort...these small tube amps, as it appears seem to have some great tones.

They have good sound' date=' I like em. I think I'm gonna get an AC4 mainly because I can switch it down to 1/10th watt.

Champion sounds good though man, good luck[/quote']

Yea, I was considering the AC4, Are Nine has one I think, but, then I would have preferred the half stack version, but, the champion is a little better, because I can take it to school, and stack it up...

Yea' date=' I was considering the AC4, Are Nine has one I think, but, then I would have preferred the half stack version, but, the champion is a little better, because I can take it to school, and stack it up...

[/quote']

Yeah, for that purpose, I say go for it.

Have you ever tried out an Epi Valve Junior? I have not, none of the places near me has one. Just wondering how it compares to the Champion

Yeah' date=' for that purpose, I say go for it.

Have you ever tried out an Epi Valve Junior? I have not, none of the places near me has one. Just wondering how it compares to the Champion[/quote']

No idea honestly, in my part of the Caribbean, we don't have any choice,

All my purchases are online....

it sucks, I have to buy what I know, to make sure, I like it, I can't try anything new...

Like a 60's neck on a Traditional Pro....gotta stick to the chunky monkey necks like on the plus...

Yeah' date=' for that purpose, I say go for it.

Have you ever tried out an Epi Valve Junior? I have not, none of the places near me has one. Just wondering how it compares to the Champion[/quote']

But I know the Valve Senior has been released, its the same price as the Class 5 I believe....so you could check that when you are shopping around for your Vox..

Although, given the choice, between a Class 5 and a Valve Senior, I would go with the Class 5, although every amp and everyones opinion differs.

You can't go wrong with this amp' date=' especially for the price. Congrats. I love the way they sound...

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks, but lets hold off on the congrats till its in my hands, I don't really like the roundabout way this one is taking compared to how I usually ship my purchases to me...

Oh well, lets hope for the best..

At worst if it falls through then, I'll get a refund, and save for something else.

Archived