Gibson Brands Forums

This is a MONSTER MAGNET appreciation thread.

Hector Arcadius

I believe they are HUGE. And completely underrated. Great songs, although based on simple motifs (on their last albums at least), lyrics that just stick to mind and are brilliantly influenced by mind-stimulating substances (well, I had to avoid having the thread blocked, locked or anything...[biggrin] ), great riffage and unique vocals. What more can you ask for...?

Here we go. Enjoy:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, same here.

I knew the band name, just couldn't place a sound with them.

Space Lord is the one I've heard on the radio, don't know anything about 'em beyond that.

They came through town a few times over the years, but they were always on the bill with 99 other bands.

Always some sort of Mosh Fest thing out in the hot Arizona summer sun.

No thanks.

If they ever play a club I'll go catch 'em.

Way back, in the early 90s, I used to work with a guy who loved them. I didn't know anything about them then, but he swore I looked just like the singer (or guitar player?). He lent me a CD and it sounded good to me, but I really don't remember much more about the CD.

A few years later, I heard that song about Space Mother something on the radio, but it's been a long time since I've heard that one too. Are they still playing?

Yep, as far as I know they're still around playing live. What I love about those guys is the fact that every single one of their albums are full of FUN. Although their earlier stuff is different from the ones that followed, they kept the ''fun'' part of their music. And they did so, through the absolutely sh!tty decade of the 90's, where all you could get is depression, from the bands that emerged at that time. And to me at least, R'n'R is all about fun.

Sorry didn't hear the band' date=' but the chicks were HOT!!LOL

The local radio played Space Lord all last summer, and still does every now and then. I like it! great post.[/quote']

Oh, yeah! They're part of every video they make. It relates to the ''fun'' aspect of their music that I mentioned above![biggrin]

Archived