Gibson Brands Forums

So my friends cat got Aids.

dem00n

It's just what some people call "Feline Leukemia"...blood cancer in Cats. They develope lesions usually on the back of their head/neck, much like someone with full-blown A.I.D.S.. I had a cat contracted it once and when it reached the point where he had the lesions, he was too far gone to save, supposed to be really contagious in cats...if your friend has other cats, he may want to get them inoculated for it. They can cure it if they get it early enough.

It's just what some people call "Feline Leukemia"...blood cancer in Cats. They develope lesions usually on the back of their head/neck' date=' much like someone with full-blown A.I.D.S.. I had a cat contracted it once and when it reached the point where he had the lesions, he was too far gone to save, supposed to be really contagious in cats...if your friend has other cats, he may want to get them inoculated for it. They can cure it if they get it early enough.[/quote']

Oh i understand.

Sorry about your cat to.

Sorry to hear that. It FIV. Like HIV but it's feline immunodeficiency virus. It is not a nice disease and is completely preventable as, unlike in humans, there is a vaccination that all cats should have that prevents this disease.

Archived