Gibson Brands Forums

Wee Gibsons

bkharmony

Someone traded these in at my local Banjo Center. Being the n00b I am, I've never seen such a thing and found them interesting. I forgot the name as soon as I walked out the door, but I'm sure someone here knows.

SmallGibsons.jpg

The one on the left is Cedar/Walnut (sounded surprisingly good!)

Looks like an LC-2 Sonoma and an L-4A to me.

-- Bob R

Sonoma sounds right. I think one was an LC-2 and one was an LC-1? Definitely not an L-4A. I've got an L-4A and it's just a cheapo J-185. These wee Gibsons are smaller than a J-165!

Ah! Here we go... LC-1 Cascade and LC-2 Sonoma!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-LC1-Cascade-Rosewood-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=517297

http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/acoustic/gibson/l-series/lc-2.html

Ah! Here we go... LC-1 Cascade and LC-2 Sonoma!

Absolutely right! Somehow, the one looked bigger than the other to me, and I guess the maple threw me off. But I should have remembered that the LC-1 was originally maple (and the LC-3 koa) -- I almost bought one in back in 2004.

-- Bob R

Absolutely right! Somehow' date=' the one looked bigger than the other to me, and I guess the maple threw me off. But I should have remembered that the LC-1 was originally maple (and the LC-3 koa) -- I almost bought one in back in 2004.[/quote']

You know, the Maple one did nothing for me, but the Cedar/Walnut sounded really nice. I was a bit surprised, as I'm not a fan of Cedar tops. I guess it's just one of those, the right wood combo with the right size, things. Almost felt like playing mandocello or bouzouki, though.

The one on the left is a Gibson Cascade. I have one, mine's maple back and sides. I love it, the only problem I have is when another guitarist sees it he wants to buy it. Its a little like having a beautiful girlfriend, you know what in mean!

The one on the left is a Gibson Cascade. I have one' date=' mine's maple back and sides. I love it, the only problem I have is when another guitarist sees it he wants to buy it. Its a little like having a beautiful girlfriend, you know what in mean! [/quote']

You let other guys "try out" your girlfriends?

Your friend, Bob

Well Guys as I say I have one and it is a great guitar. Light in weight and good both playing and recording. It has Swiss electronics that record beautifully. I bought mine in the States but have never seen one in UK.

Gibson stopped making then so there's a Buffalo bargin for someone.

Archived