Gibson Brands Forums

Strat Build Planning

Silenced Fred

So, I have planned a Strat build.

What I'm gonna do first, is route out my current one, put in a GFS pre wired pickguard, and change out the trem system.

After that however, I have great things planned [biggrin]

Warmoth Strat Body- vintage burst, hss, contoured heel

Warmoth Neck- Standard Strat neck, satin finish, maple board, maple neck

Pickups- Not sure yet on the front two, they will be singles, I am thinking maybe some vintage Seymour Duncans, but for the bridge, a Pearly Gates, or a 59 pup.

Tremolo- Callaham

Any suggestions on electronics?

General observations, that I may be overlooking would be much appreciated

So' date=' I have planned a Strat build.

What I'm gonna do first, is route out my current one, put in a GFS pre wired pickguard, and change out the trem system.

After that however, I have great things planned [biggrin

Warmoth Strat Body- vintage burst, hss, contoured heel

Warmoth Neck- Standard Strat neck, satin finish, maple board, maple neck

Pickups- Not sure yet on the front two, they will be singles, I am thinking maybe some vintage Seymour Duncans, but for the bridge, a Pearly Gates, or a 59 pup.

Tremolo- Callaham

Any suggestions on electronics?

General observations, that I may be overlooking would be much appreciated

Warning!

GFS pickguard to not fit on all fenders/strats.

Actually, lately I have been thinking of ordering a pre finished strat body and neck from allparts.com and add in my own custom electronics and other harware.

The only problem.....

Doing this will take away from my "To Buy Me Another Gibson Savings..."

Actually' date=' lately I have been thinking of ordering a pre finished strat body and neck from allparts.com and add in my own custom electronics and other harware.

The only problem.....

Doing this will take away from my "To Buy Me Another Gibson Savings..."[/quote']

I think everyone needs to have a single coil something, either tele or Strat.

And Dem00n, I wasn't gonna throw it out ever. I think what I might do in the meantime, is make a diddley bow out of it :-

I think everyone needs to have a single coil something' date=' either tele or Strat.

And Dem00n, I wasn't gonna throw it out ever. I think what I might do in the meantime, is make a diddley bow out of it :- [/quote']

Now i have an idea for a sig! [cool]

Glad to hear it

I guess my main question is' date=' what are the other electronics I need for my Strat build? asides from pickups[/quote']

New nut?

Does it have a locking nut?

Cause i think i saw a nice tremolo that is made for metal!

bone nut does not equal electronics [lol]

I'm just going for a standard type strat' date=' but upgraded and made my own.[/quote']

Oh you can solder and stuff?

Route your own guitar?

Thats cool!

I can only solder and stuff....

Do a strat with an active TBX midboost and a Fishman Piezo System, add a black ice capacitor for a variable crunch control(stewmac) and a vintage style tremolo and locking nut.

Do a SSH with a

Lace Pickups or a Reissue style pickup and maybe like a 57 classic or a PAF replica pickup.

Oh you can solder and stuff?

Route your own guitar?

Thats cool!

I can only solder and stuff....

Do a strat with an active TBX midboost and a Fishman Piezo System' date=' add a black ice capacitor for a variable crunch control(stewmac) and a vintage style tremolo and locking nut.

Do a SSH with a

Lace Pickups or a Reissue style pickup and maybe like a 57 classic or a PAF replica pickup.

[/quote']

HSH is best!

Archived