Gibson Brands Forums

Orianthi...opinions?

sgman

[confused] I don't really care about gender' date=' I just hope that she makes the right career choices and sticks to her roots and doesn't go off in a "bubblegum pop" direction. She obviously oozes talent, and her looks go without saying but I really believe she might be at a vulnerable point of her career where she could make it or break it. (or at least someone else might do it for her)

[/quote']

+1

Very well put. The only thing I found out about her in this thread, it's that she's an Aussie, which makes me like her even more! I had found her in the PRS site a year ago or so, before getting her album out, and I was BLOWN AWAY by the stuff she played at that NAMM... Great talent and as far as ''feel'' is concerned, I get more feel outta her than I get from Vai (and I love Vai).

And guys... let's be honest now. she plays what she plays, standing on high heels and without ruining her pretty finger-nails. I mean, how may of our guitar heroes can pull THAT off...? [lol]

And most importantly: How many of them have actually tried it....? [lol][lol][lol]

Why is every one scared she'll go all john mayer and sell out?

*cough

I wouldn't worry about this girl....JM was born to be a sell out. Like Kid Rock, and Motley Crue before him...."only in it for the money and the chicks." No secret. JM has openly admitted it. He's a turd nugget.

I'd never heard of her before I read this thread.

Although the one track posted here (the duet with Mr Vai) is the only thing I've heard it's clearly enough to show that she certainly can play. As far as 'feel' goes she seems to be managing as well as her much admired duetting buddy so that should be all right.

In all it must be a big [thumbup]

BTW; I forgot to look at her boobs.

Archived