Gibson Brands Forums

Orianthi...opinions?

sgman

Apologies if I'm treading on used ground, but just wanted to know what you're opinions (good or bad) are of her.

Being that she's an Aussie, I'm proud of her as a guitarist and what she's achieved as such. What does concern me now is the career choices she (or others) makes and the directions she goes off in.

She obviously would have been foolish to turn down a gig with the late Mr. Jackson, so wisely she grabbed hold of it with both hands and went for it. Sadly, it didn't get to go as far as it was supposed to.

Then she puts out an album with a single taken from it "According To You" which is a little too bubblegum pop for my tastes but nonetheless it allows her to showcase her talents to some degree.

But the choice of hers that does get me worried is to participate on Mary J. Blige's version of "Stairway To Heaven" and although Steve Vai is supposed to have participated on it as well, I just think that she should have been given better advise to stay clear of covering a song of that stature.

I don't know...what do you guys think?

Oy! Wot the hell you got against big fat money now huh!?

Pay out/sell out...gimme it all!

And whatcha also raggin' on Tiff for huh

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

You be hearing from da boyz at that little hidey hole cubby house compoundium thing soon.

[angry]

that girl is smokin and can play us all out tha door

She is Jeff? Beck' date=' Santana, Hendrix, and Stevie Ray. And she's better looking than all of them [biggrin

I saw an interview where Mr. Santana says if he have to choose just one musician to work with, it will be Orianthi.

And I don`t think his opinion is related only her boobs...

So instead of staring boobs , should we guys practice a bit harder....?

(I know staring boobs is often more fun)

I hope she goes back to being a very attractive guitarist and does not turn into a fake pop princess but hell she deserves to make a living she quit school at 15 to hone her craft a payday might be nice after all a guy can still be a guitar god when he's overweight and balding that cute little blonde probably won't get that break from many men.

But those chickies are yanks.

It's quite well known that Aussie sheilas have what it takes to go the distance. We is convict stock,wot can ya throw at us that we ain't gonna throw back harder?...besides,it's universally known that our chics are hotter,looser and faster!

I think its very hard to gauge a female guitarist. Maybe not for ya'll but foe me, most def.

Either I give her the "for a girl" head start, or I undermine them because I don't want to give females any extra credit.

To really gauge one I'd have to hear the music not knowing who it is and then decide how it sounds.

Honestly, I have a hard time not thinking more of Joan Jett's songs just cus she is a hot rocker chick.

I mean, if it was a guy who'd come up with "I love rock and roll" and who sang and played it...it would be fail, I'm sure of it.

I've heard Orianthi and she has the speed and style to contend with great players.

As for feeling, well...her style doesn't MOVE me, but then neither do all male guitar heroes.

That Litta Ford vid was awesome. I think I take her over Orianthi.

Heck, I take Bonnie Raitt over both xD

But those chickies are yanks.

It's quite well known that Aussie sheilas have what it takes to go the distance. We is convict stock' date='wot can ya throw at us that we ain't gonna throw back harder?...besides,it's universally known that our chics are hotter,looser and faster![/quote']

Hmmm......Australia you say......

I just found out like a whole 20 sec ago that this girl has a sig PRS guitar. When did this happen, it sure wasn't in the PRS line up at NAMM this year. It's kinda cool though, its an SE with a korina back and sparkly red top. It's also the only SE I've seen with a bird inlay.

besides' date='it's universally known that our chics are hotter,[b']looser[/b] and faster!

Not really songthing to brag about........[confused] Sorry I couldn't help myself.

I'd (insert typical guy comment here) her. She's alright on the eyes. I've only heard 1 song...the one w/ Steve Vai. Eh.

I didn't know she was Austalian till last week when I heard her talk.

LLF,

I turned My PC off for 2 hours and when I logged back on it Booted straight into the 70’s?

I mean it must have, if we’re actually debating a guitarists abilities in respect to her gender!!

(I just wish it was earlier in the day cause I’d have nipped out and bought a new LP at 70’s prices!!)

[cool] :D [lol]

LLF' date='

I turned My PC off for 2 hours and when I logged back on it Booted straight into the 70’s?

I mean it must have, if we’re actually debating a guitarists abilities in respect to her gender!!

(I just wish it was earlier in the day cause I’d have nipped out and bought a new LP at 70’s prices!!)

[cool[-([-(

[-( I don't really care about gender, I just hope that she makes the right career choices and sticks to her roots and doesn't go off in a "bubblegum pop" direction. She obviously oozes talent, and her looks go without saying but I really believe she might be at a vulnerable point of her career where she could make it or break it. (or at least someone else might do it for her)

Archived