Gibson Brands Forums

Hthomas...Are you alright after the tornados?

Beaver Creek

just saw the thread. Thanks for asking. Thankfully nothing happened in my area. The south end of town was hit pretty bad though.

Id be freaking if a tornado came any closer, id be grabbing the guitars and amps and running! haha

Grew up in Kansas.

I can tell you for a fact that tornadoes are the coolest thing you will ever see up close.

Until you get TOO close, then you realize it's not a spectator sport.

Thank you Lord, for keeping my dumb punk *** alive when I was too stupid to do it myself.....

Glad you guys are okay.

Living in New York, no one worries about it... but last summer, a tiny one touched down about five miles from my house. It was small enough that the weather service never knew about it, and by the time the state troopers drove past, it was gone.

The next weekend there were two, though - 15 and 30 miles in either direction of my house. Those were noticed. One caused quite a bit of damage, the other was just some power lines and some poor famer's field.

oh cool you used to live here? where at? im in emerywood' date=' the music store i used to work at that im sure uve been to. smith whitley music?

[/quote']

I used to live in a little community north of High Point called Horneytown...yes Horneytown. It is up where highway 66 and old Main Street intersect. On top of that...my wife is from Climax. We go together well...

Never been to Smith Whitley. I'll have to check it out. My wife and I still come down to High Point accasionally to eat at Kepley's Barbeque. Good stuff.

Lee

I used to live in a little community north of High Point called Horneytown...yes Horneytown. It is up where highway 66 and old Main Street intersect. On top of that...my wife is from Climax. We go together well...

Never been to Smith Whitley. I'll have to check it out. My wife and I still come down to High Point accasionally to eat at Kepley's Barbeque. Good stuff.

Lee

Great sense of humor from the people that made up the town names. Horneytown and Climax. Yeah' date=' I guess you do go together well[biggrin'] What a coinkadink that you two met.

Archived