Gibson Brands Forums

maestro vibrola

soreeyes

Never seen a washer there.

Mine doesn't have one.

If it's loose, rotate the arm 3 or 4 times to see if the plastic bushing turns and tightens it up any.

Works on mine, though I don't know how long it will last.

That bushing is pretty stiff, not sure if tightening the screw will compress it enough to force it to spread.

Worth a try I guess....

Doesn't bother me if it's loose though.

I've taken several apart and they are washers, though many are missing one or sometimes both.

Sometimes even wiping them off will help keep the bar from getting loose as often.

But, eventually it will always loosen.

On a similar note' date=' mine is loose too. How do you actually take the arm off? I've tried turning the screw counter-clockwise, bit it's so tight I would strip the threads if I forced it. I emailed Gibson, but still no reply two weeks later.[/quote']

Its possible that the threads have already been stripped or the screw is bent.. as it should come out easily.

I wouldn't be worried about stripping the thread on the handle screw as it can be replaced, but I would be concerned about stripping the thread inside the string bar. I once had a bent screw that didn't come out easily and ended up messing up the thread on the string bar. Maybe someone else here knows a way to remedy your situation.

There is a vibrola parts listing with correct part names on this page which can be helpful

http://everythingsg.com/index.php/reference/parts-reference.html

I've taken several apart and they are washers' date=' though many are missing one or sometimes both.

Sometimes even wiping them off will help keep the bar from getting loose as often.

But, eventually it will always loosen.

Its possible that the threads have already been stripped or the screw is bent.. as it should come out easily.

I wouldn't be worried about stripping the thread on the handle screw as it can be replaced, but I would be concerned about stripping the thread inside the string bar. I once had a bent screw that didn't come out easily and ended up messing up the thread on the string bar. Maybe someone else here knows a way to remedy your situation.

There is a vibrola parts listing with correct part names on this page which can be helpful

http://everythingsg.com/index.php/reference/parts-reference.html

[/quote']

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if I needed another tool (perhaps a wrench) to hold something in place under the screw while I turn it. I'll give it another (careful) attempt.

Archived