Gibson Brands Forums

St. Blues guitar works

Thundergod

One of my favorite little local shops is a St. Blues dealer. They're pretty cool little guitars but I don't think I'd buy one.

The bodies are tiny. They're way too small for me. Other than that they seem pretty good. I'll give them another try next time I go to this shop because it's been a while since I've played one.

How much? and where are they made?

Anyway, if I ever get my hands on a guitar that looks like that one it will be made by my guy, to my specs (wood, neck size, pickups and all that).

Damn, GAS is hittin' hard.

Right now I want to ask him to build me 2 more guitars (nighthawk/tele mutate included) and wanna buy 2 other guitars, 1 is kind of expensive [crying]

I forget, I think Korea.

They used to be made in the USA then they stopped for a while and then resurrected the brand, they may make some models in the USA but the one I was looking at was an import and $750 for an obscure brand did not sound appealing to me.

I think the store Strings and Things in Memphis is their main outlet.

There are two levels. The import model is made in Korea and then setup/fitted here in the U.S. They are amazing guitars for the money and run in the $700-$750 range.

They also have a Workshop Series, which is their U.S. handmade series. These are in the $2k range and are killer instruments.

I have one of each and I love 'em both.

Shop around, there are a couple of dealers out there who will get aggressive with these instruments. I saved a bunch of money just by asking for a deal.

Archived