Gibson Brands Forums

SWD 12 on the way out

Johnt

Time has come, decision made, the SWD 12 is on it's way.

My hands are too tired for the neck now.

Now I just got to find something to trade it in for as have now completely gone of SJ200.

I fancy a Steve Vai 7 string!

Now I just got to find something to trade it in for as have now completely gone of SJ200.

Do you mean you've gone OFF the idea of a SJ200-12 or an SJ200 6 string?

Is the SWD-12 hard to play? Is it something that could be corrected with a good set up?

John, sorry to hear the SWD has dropped off the end of the JohnT timeline...I think there's one answer here, old chap:

Neck too chunky on a 12er?

Gone off the SJ200?

Already got a killer Hog SS J45 that you've cherished for a long time?

Looking for something that sounds big, but isn't Hog, SS or a J45?

There can be only one prescription...one ADVANCED JUMBO, to be taken liberally each day until GAS symptoms have totally subsided!

• 3 weeks later...

one step closer, took it to Peach Guitars round the corner from AJ's ( sneaked into Essex again without him seeing me)

They offered me £800 in PX which didn't seem a lot so I must stir my stumps and put it on Ebay.

Whilst at Peach I saw a very nice Tele so watch this space

one step closer' date=' took it to Peach Guitars round the corner from AJ's ( sneaked into Essex again without him seeing me)

They offered me £800 in PX which didn't seem a lot so I must stir my stumps and put it on Ebay.

Whilst at Peach I saw a very nice Tele so watch this space[/quote']

Johnt, you are living proof that there are too many guitar, not enough time!!!

Johnt' date=' you are living proof that there are too many guitar, not enough time!!![/quote']

Always plenty of time Wily!

You just got to remember the old joke about the young bull and the old bull standing on the top of a hill admiring a herd of fine young cows in the valley below.................................................................................................................?

Archived