Gibson Brands Forums

Had not seen flooding in a long time

Riffster

Came back from Chattanooga today, on the way back we know we face heavy rain but we are getting close to Nashville and nothing yet, not 5 minutes later the radio interrups to warn of the storm with a likely tornado coming exactly my way on the interstate, look at the clock and I am hitting this thing in less than 5 minutes, sure enough it starts coming down just like a freaking car wash with thunder.

Turns out it had been raining all day and this was the worse, as I pass some 12 inches of water on an interstate underpass the cops close it behind us. The other side was already closed.

Take a shortcut since main roads are all closed and to my surprise there is high water everywhere, I made it through 10 inches of running water but I felt stupid for even doing it, get close to the house and parking lots have a foot of water, a small creek overflown by at least 10 feet of water.

I made it through another 15" of water but not running water this time, lost a custom front license plate of my car but did not realize it until I got home, it was just gone since it was one a frame and not bolted on.

I live on a hill so no flooding here but dang I hope nobody gets hurt, you know is bad when you see about 50 police cars in 15 minutes and some are hauling boats.

To make matters worse it keeps on raining.

Yeah we got some flooding too. I saw some pics of town and Waverly, and they look really bad. One of my friends said our dominoes pizza place had 5 ft of water inside it this morning. The EW James parking lot was completely flooded. And we might get some more rain tonight too.

Yea, when I said I took a shortcut it was to avoid Hickory Hollow since I heard on the radio it was flooded I just did not know it was that bad. I feel lucky I made it home, I am staying on my hill.

At least you have some hills in the Nashville area. I don't think the word exists west of Jackson. <grin>

I followed the big tornado that hit West Memphis west from Little Rock ... what was that, 24-25 years ago? I remember thinking that once you hit the flats, there was nowhere to hide from anything, wind or flood...

Glad you're safe - and may you remain so...

m

Archived