Gibson Brands Forums

Got asked to Jam :)

Run kid, run.

And stop hanging out at GC. It is a business. Not a playground. No wonder all the guitars there are a mess.

There was a guy that used to post here a lot that was about your age. He used to hang out at a GC in Boston and jam with strangers. . One day he just disappeared. We never heard from him again. They found him at the bottom of the St. Charles river stuffed in a Gibson case. His legs and arms had been removed so they could close the lid.

I believe he had been violated, if you know what I mean.

Haha. Bluemoon, that's funny.

Seriously though, who the hell sets up jam sessions at Guitard Center? I'm surprised they don't ask you guys to leave. If stuff clicks though, you guys should keep jamming. At the very least, it will make you a better player. My playing improved a lot after I started jamming with some dudes in high school.

I've set up some jam sessions via Craigslist. It's definitely weird meeting somebody randomly. I dunno though, I've made some cool friends and found out about some new bands. Some of the people were total crackpots though. They'd ramble off all these influences and talk a big game, but when it came time to play, there wasn't anything there.

Damn I guess I really am getting old - back in the old days before craigslist and all these social networks that was kind of the way you would meet other players. we used to also god forbid put our names and phone numbers down on little pieces of paper and hang them on a bulletin board (cork not electronic) outside the bathroom doors at the music stores advertising for players if you needed a few extra's to build a band. Now I guess everyone is so paranoid they sit in their rooms alone hoping to be discovered on You Tube.

we actually got to meet girls even real live girls that were not anime and didn't have a inflate valve. True we also had "social Viruses" that required Penicillin not MacAfee but some things really are better live...

I miss the old days :-s

Archived