Gibson Brands Forums

Changing Tubes and Speakers?

Josh James

I recently acquired a Crate v3112 30 watt 1X12 combo. It sounds ok, but it isn't as focused and gets a bit buzzy at higher gain settings. I want to change out the tubes and speaker...or maybe just one if it will affect the tone positively enough. I have heard sound clips for the alnico blue celestion and really dig those. I guess my main problem is that it get's really hot and it starts to clip way to early on clean, especially with a LP. Any help or advice?

Josh

too my understanding it just howe the amp sounds' date=' esp crate combos. I wouyld move it on.[/quote']

I like Celestions.

Some people don't.

Go figure.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the advice. The amp really sounds great...I just think the Les Paul and the dirt pedals were too much for it to handle. I adjusted the level's on my dirt boxes and such and turned my guitar volume down and that seemed to clear up most of the issues. I still think I want a different speaker...a celestion 70/80 is really not a great speaker.

J

I really don't care for crate... To put it nicely lol..

I've never met a Celestion that I didn't like but I'd rather get a different amp than a crate all together. Even the tube crates don't do it for me at all. But if you like it that's all that matters. Hope it works out.

Archived