Gibson Brands Forums

Who loves Rock-n-Roll?

jimmiJAMM

She's an icon, and I respect her stuff a lot, even though some of it gives me a headache by the end of the song. [blink]

That guitar is bad -a$$, although there's no way I could pull off wearing a guitar with those inlays. I'm not bad-a$$ enough myself - I'd be better off with a hello-kitty strat, 'cause at least then I wouldn't look like I was trying too hard.

Highway wrote... "That guitar is bad -a$$, although there's no way I could pull off wearing a guitar with those inlays. I'm not bad-a$$ enough myself - I'd be better off with a hello-kitty strat, 'cause at least then I wouldn't look like I was trying too hard."

Yeah... although this reminds me too much of me swapping guitars that played well for me, and sounded good for other guitars that may not have either sounded or played as well simply to have a "look" folks thought best for a given band. The more I think of that misplaced aesthetic, the more I stand in disbelief of my own youthful stupidity.

I'd likely not be all that comfortable with a more "market segment" thing like "teen girl guitarists with or without cash," but if it played like a dream, I think I'd keep it anyway, too.

m

Archived