Gibson Brands Forums

New Black Keys album - Brothers

ShredAstaire

It came out on Tuesday...i don't love these guys but they have written some solid grooves....

I'm listening to the album for the first time now...on track 8 (out of 17) and its got some nice tracks so far. I haven't disliked any of them.

Now..I think 17 tracks is way too many for an album...you want to leave your listeners wanting more...I like a good 10-13 tracks on an album.

This album so far, is much better than Attack and Release - I didn't like that one too much...

Anyway, anyone else checking out this wedge?

I love The Black Keys and actually met them when they were touring for Rubber Factory...the drummer married a friend of a friend. Cool guys. They like to drink Maker's Mark after a show. I thought there last album was really good, and am looking forward to buying their new one. They remind me of a blues-ier version of White Stripes.

I'm pretty anxious to hear it, I'll probably pick it up soon. Does it have the same kind of production as Attack & Release? I didn't really dig that too much. -I'm a fan of their more raw sounding stuff (just guitar & drums) -like on Thick Freakness or The Big Come Up.

My ceramics teacher has been playing it in class a lot since it came out.

Usually if I'm working I'm not paying too much attention but I like what I've heard. They're good.

I like the whole 2 piece thing. Some cool 2 piece bands out there. With recording the way it is now, there are some awesome one or two piece bands out.

...Attack and Release was awesome.

I agree. Although, it did have to grow on me. 'I Got Mine' is an awesome song. Some of the weird noises on the record (I'm guessing a result of Danger Mouse producing) turned me off at first. Later though, I dug it.

I got Brothers yesterday, I like it. I've only listened a couple times.

Archived