Gibson Brands Forums

I am engaged!

Artie Owl

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats she's a cutie and don't sweat the little stuff so what if she ask's you to buy feminine products or hold a purse when she's shopping or whatever. Who cares more than half the people on earth are female and understand what your doing and will think more of you for it and if someone like a male friend or not' date=' makes fun of you for buying tampons you really got to wonder what there doing with them that embarrasses them so much. [blink']

+!

I dont mean to sound negative, she is a beautiful woman and I wish you the best !!! You are a lucky man !! Good luck to ya,, I know you are probably thinking at this point that " we are in love and nothing bad could happen to us !! " thats what alot of us thought though at one time when we took that oath,, things change over the years,, hopefully it will work out for you and I certainly do wish you the best !!

edit: hey, I went to your Flikr page and saw that video you posted, I didnt realize that was you, you look VERY young in that video, like a kid playing his guitar at his moms house :-k I remember now,, some nice shots of you and your fiance there,, BEST of luck to ya man !!! [-(

I've always wondered why everyone else thinks that everyone's relationship will go the same way theirs did. Because it didn't work out for you, it won't work out for anyone? I know that 50% or 55% of marriages end in divorce but some random guy on the internet saying "Don't get married" is not going to change anyone's mind.

When someone is getting married and they are happy about it, you support them and give them congratulations. Its the Best Man's job to give the groom an out, not ours. [-(

Congrats again man!!!

lol, the light from the window helped to hide my face but yeah that's me, I'd say my video was good for a 12 year old, but we all know that's crap because the 12 year olds out there on youtube shred the hell out of guitars in ways I haven't even thought of yet.

very well said' date=' however when kids are involved it gets a little more complicated, my parents divorced when I was young and I told myself I would never do that to mine[/quote']

Maybe when your kids are grown, you can ask them if you did them a favor by 'sticking it out'. (Do I sound like Dr. Laura?)

Maybe when your kids are grown' date=' you can ask them if you did them a favor by 'sticking it out'. (Do I sound like Dr. Laura?)[/quote']

I can tell you, I have a MUCH better relationship and bond with my kids then I do with my Father, because I was there for them throughout their growing years and there is NO substitute for your Blood Father, I also would feel VERY deprived myself if I wasnt there for them too

I can tell you' date=' I have a MUCH better relationship and bond with my kids then I do with my Father, because I was there for them throughout their growing years and there is NO substitute for your Blood Father, I also would feel VERY deprived myself if I wasnt there for them too[/quote']

Well, you're a good man for putting your kids before yourself. It's a shame things happen that way. My first wife left me and moved in with him with our son, (THAT'LL teach me not to marry a "groupie"!!). Always pained me that I was deprived of raising my son, (they even moved far away)..

My second marriage, I tried very hard not to repeat what happened in my first, and so far....so good....(32 years, so far).

Hope things work out for you.

Archived