Gibson Brands Forums

A Muff and a Swollen Pickle

bluesguitar65

I really like the second video - starting with the clean sound helped me hear better what was your amp and what was the pedals. Both sound really good, but if I had to pick I'd say the Muff sounds more "musical" to my ears.

You also did a great job doing A/B samples in the second video. In the first I thought I probably liked the tone wicker (the middle one, right?), but I couldn't tell as well because the settings you were demoing were very different. (I assume that's because some were more tweakable than others.)

Anyway, that was really fun, and now I know how the muff and pickle sound side-by-side. Thanks! [biggrin]

I really like the second video - starting with the clean sound helped me hear better what was your amp and what was the pedals. Both sound really good' date=' but if I had to pick I'd say the Muff sounds more "musical" to my ears.

You also did a great job doing A/B samples in the second video. In the first I thought I probably liked the tone wicker (the middle one, right?), but I couldn't tell as well because the settings you were demoing were very different. (I assume that's because some were more tweakable than others.)

Anyway, that was really fun, and now I know how the muff and pickle sound side-by-side. Thanks! :-({|= [/quote']

Thanks! Yes, the muff with the wicker is the white in the middle. Electro harmonix really did a great job on the wicker muff, it is now much more versatile to dial in your tone. When you disengage the tone, you get a signal boost and when you turn on the wicker, you get a slight presence boost eliminating that muddy, bassy tone which the big muff was notorious for.

Archived