Gibson Brands Forums

you gotta hear this VIBRATO!...fantastic!!

S t e v e

59 sec to 1.05...mouth watering and pants wetting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[biggrin] /quote]

Yeh, it's hard to beat Gary Moore for that type of playing. I noticed he's playing an "The Heritage" Les Paul.

That guitar's made by the Kalamazoo crew left over from Gibson who broke away from them and started

building guitars on their own during the 80's when Gibson was in a demise, so to speak, under Norlin.

Awesome vibrato, yeah. Can't disagree there. Phrasing and tone are also incredibly solid.

The disadvantages of active pups are that they are battery-powered. The batteries eventually deplete and must be replaced, but according to all accounts they last a pretty long time. The major advantage (the primary reason why they were developed) is the active electronic preamp, which effects the output potential by making it higher. They are known and used mostly for their clarity and balanced frequency response. Another disadvantage is in cost--active electronics are usually more expensive. Make of that what you will. Some people also claim that they sound somewhat sterile, but that may be an advantage to one player and a disadvantage to another. As far as tone, it's all about personal preference. I like active pickups, but not for everything, and my guitar still uses passive electronics like how it came from the factory. I'd probably like to have a guitar with active electronics, at some point. I know that Thundergod's custom Tele has EMG single coils in it, and he seems to be very happy with them. #-o

Awesome vibrato' date=' yeah. Can't disagree there. Phrasing and tone are also incredibly solid.

The disadvantages of active pups are that they are battery-powered. The batteries eventually deplete and must be replaced, but according to all accounts they last a pretty long time. The major advantage (the primary reason why they were developed) is the active electronic preamp, which effects the output potential by making it higher. They are known and used mostly for their clarity and balanced frequency response. Another disadvantage is in cost--active electronics are usually more expensive. Make of that what you will. Some people also claim that they sound somewhat sterile, but that may be an advantage to one player and a disadvantage to another. As far as tone, it's all about personal preference. I like active pickups, but not for everything, and my guitar still uses passive electronics like how it came from the factory. I'd probably like to have a guitar with active electronics, at some point. I know that Thundergod's custom Tele has EMG single coils in it, and he seems to be very happy with them. :-k [/quote']

cheers xd i see what you mean, that is the first and ONLY time iv'e ever seen gary using active pups.

and yea a lot of the bands i like at the mo use em so they do work for people even if not for us (take note dem00n) [biggrin]

Archived