Geert1976

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Yamaki.I believe it to be mid 70's

HPIM2623.jpg

HPIM2622.jpg

HPIM2604.jpg

Very good guitars and indeed from the 70's.

Yamaki also made the first run off the Washburn Wing Series (Hawk, Falcon etc.)

They also made very good LP copy's (did I said this out loud? [cursing] )

Elmaya EM 1100 from 1979:

001-116.jpg

003-107.jpg

004-102.jpg

Morris LP from 1974

001-115.jpg

002-116.jpg

003-105.jpg

Made in Korea, a real Fender Killer, just as well built, one on one copied (even the materials) and sounding the same:

Vester tradition 57 Strat:

HPIM3347.jpg

HPIM3348.jpg

HPIM3359.jpg

must I post some more off my guitars??

I bought a Japanese Epiphone SG in cherry red from a pawn shop when I was in Jr. High, and played it nonstop for 5 years. We were practicing 3-4 times a week and playing at the youth center or parties every weekend, and I really beat the sh*t out of it. I eventually broke the headstock, and it sat in a case for years with the intention of repairing it. It was eventually cannibalized and thrown away, but I haven't gotten that kind of mileage out of a guitar before or since. After that I started to buy, sell, and trade guitars and gear all the time, so nothing stuck around that long.

• 2 months later...

A lot of folks say that these guitars were made in Japan, but Gibson and every other credible source I know of point to the Pearl factory in Taiwan. I think that a lot of the misinformation is due to owners trying to convince themselves and others that they are worth more than they are. I don't really care except that I prefer not to mislead folks. In any case, they are ~10lbs., set-neck, solid mahogany 3-piece archtop body, NO top veneer, and are amazing guitars if you can find one that hasn't been molested too badly. A reissue is in the works from Epiphone apparently.

Custom Sunburst, stock; Standard repaired and modified by me; Standard, stock:

P1000820640.jpg

Standard; Custom; Custom; Deluxe; Standard body awaiting parts

P1010310.jpg

Genesis Bass

P1030570.jpg

Archived