Gibson Brands Forums

I think I'm in love

jaxson50

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute.aspx

One night many years ago (1966) while playing a gig, a fight broke out and someone was sent tumbling into my drum kit, our lead guitar player was punched in the nose, it all went down hill after that. I can still see Ricky grasping his gold top LP by the neck with a stance that would make Mantle proud, the body of that vintage axe paused over his shoulder for a instant, then I saw the swing, and heard a awful----thud-crunch-sigh sound.....and then he had a two piece LP Gold Top and an assault charge, and the other guy had a concussion. I guess you can say that LP made an impression on at least one fan that night....

Ah, the good old days of peace and love.....

kinda reminds me of another story or a vision of a story told by "BLACKIE" himself :-k:-k:-$

man,, I KNOW I wouldnt want to be hit in the head with a Les Paul !! OUCH !!! :- I wonder if he ever got that guitar repaired ?? and if its still out there in circulation??

do you ever wonder if the guitars you had as a kid are still in circulation ?? I WONDER :-k:-k

Ricky hit this guy just above the left ear with the edge of the LP, he went down like a brick, flatter then p_ _ on a rock. I thought he was dead. Ricky became a Baptist Minister!

This happened at a street dance, so there was no stage we were right on the sidewalk, it was a poorly conceived idea, a battle of the bands, each band was on a block and the people walked around town listening to the music and voting for the bands, we forfeited, the only time in history when the guitar player got a home run and lost the game....

LOL!! The only guitar worse than an LP to get hit by would be some extremely pointy metal guitar. Or come to think of it maybe a guitar that is literally made out of metal like retro's dragon guitar.

That must have been a pretty serious hit to break an LP.

What's worse... getting hit in the head with an LP or breaking your LP.

Archived